- Acclimate your dog to events/situations that can occur during Halloween: doorbell ringing, spooky decorations, trick or treaters with odd looking costumes.
- During peak hours of trick or treaters, prepare a safe secure place for your dog to hang out. Provide a special toy and treats. Do not think your dog is missing out with all the Halloween fun.
- Always keep an eye of your dog. Monitor your dog’s behavior and temperament at all times.
- Be aware that candy/chocolate/other treats can be hazardous to your dogs health. Chocolate is extremely toxic to your dog.
- Keeping appropriate and healthy dog treats around for your dog is a good idea. Just remember not to overfeed your dog. Sliced of fruits or vegetable such as banana, apples, and carrots are great tasty alternative snacks that both you and your dog can enjoy together.
Coping With Your Dog On Halloween
Send ME Some Woofs! 19 Comments