Tasty Thursday: Blueberries Nut n Honey Dog Treats

I took everyone’s suggestion to take another nap.
This time I took a nap at the forbidden comfy couch.
It was a short nap cause I smelled something YUMMY.

Woof! Woof! For ME!!!
YES! Tasty Yummy Treats

BLUEBERRIES - main ingredient for this treat. Blueberries are safe and make a healthy treat for dogs. Blueberries are a good natural source of vitamin C and fiber. Most natural and holistic dog foods/treats contain dried blueberries.

Blueberries Nut n Honey Dog Treats
~2-2 1/2 cups of Flour
1/2 cup of Oats
A bowl or ~1 cup of Blueberries
1/3 cup of Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp – 1/4 Oil
1 1/3 cup of Water

Combine dry ingredients. Stir in blueberries, peanut butter, honey, oil and water. Adjust flour and liquid as necessary to make stiff dough. Roll on floured cutting board to ~3/8″ thick. Cut it with bone shaped cutter. Place on un-greased cookie sheet. (Mom uses SilPat – its the best non-stick baking liner.) Bake for 1 1/2 hours in 350-degrees oven until thoroughly dry.
My mom has been making treats for me that are wheat-free and egg-free.
You make substitute the flour with whole-wheat.
Also, mom is very careful using eggs on my treats due to salmonella.
You may add an egg on this recipe if you wish.
Another alternative is to use powdered whole dried egg.

Woof! Woof! More Treats Please …
Lots of Golden Woofs,

Comments

1. Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom says

OH YUM!!!!!!!

I bet The Luke will khome running from Texas fur them!

Thanks fur sharing the recipe!

Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra and Khousin Merdie

2. Jolanda says

…yummie, yummie..hey Sugar the cookies look so delicious…you must be a very luck dog;-))

Swiss hughs
    Kayla

3. Anny says

oh boy… you sure am the luckiest sweet around.. i am on the next plane over to your home… can i can i??

I wanna stay where there's yummie treats all day. My hooman is just lazy. Let me go bite her ankle first.

woofs & licks,
    Dommy

4. Ann says

Your mom sure does make some yummy looking treats for you Sugar. Duke wants me to make some for him

5. Maggie and Mitch says

OMG, those look so yummy, Sugar! Dad had blueberries yesterday for lunch and he shared with us! Dad is our friend!

Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

6. scottishdogs says

Those dog treats look yummy and wholesome too. It is at times like these we wish our hooman could cook….

Wiggles and Waggles
    Hector and Bonny too!

7. The Thundering Herd says

Mmmmmm, though we just pick the wild blueberries right off of the plants as we go hiking (which the hu-dad says is slowing things down a bit).

8. Hound Girl says

Those look so good – I have to make those soon! Love it!!

Do you think I could substitue oat flour for the flour or would that be too much oat since you use rolled oats?

9. Maggie Mae says

Sugar,

Mom is copying dis recipe down for sure, I luvs blueberries! The treats that you sent with mom's book are SO yummy, tank youz for sending me some! I am going to talks 'bout dems on Saturday.

Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

10. Yoda & Brutus says

Yum!! Those biscuits look and sound delicious!! we are copying the recipe down for mom now :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

11. Yoda & Brutus says

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

12. Pamela says

Yummy! We're definitely saving that recipe.

My Honey likes to eat blueberries right off the bush. And to think I was worried about the birds and squirrels!

13. The Teacher's Pets says

Your mom comes up with tastiest desserts *ummm* snacks and I have to try this out as soon as pawsible! You know I tried your other recipes in honor of your birrfday so I've gotta try this too!
    Hey, don't furget to come over to my THANKFUL FUR 3 BLOG HOP today…it's gonna be fun!

14. Jazzi says

Hey Sugar
    Looks like some good treats. I am gonna have mom check this out. I like blue berries

wags
    jazzi

15. Sandee says

Your mom is so good to you Sugar. You are one lucky baby. I think you know that though.

Have a terrific day. :)

16. Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell says

Mmmmmmm, those look delicous!!! You are so lucky to have a Mom who can make nummy treats for you. Our Mom tried to make us the cheesy minty biscuits, but they came out hard as a rock and all had to be thrown away! She has no idea what she did wrong!

Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell

17. Peggy Frezon says

Sugar, your mum must be a good cook! When I try to bake anything, it comes out as a scary blob! Maybe I should give my dog Kelly more input into my baking projects.

18. YD, sometimes with ♥Samantha and ♥June says

Oooo, those look so yummy! We asked mom to make them fur us and she said that she's afraid that she would eat them herself! That's just wrong!!!

Sam & June

19. Jacqueline says

Those dog treats sound and look wonderful; we think kitties would love them too!…Have a wonderful day, beautiful friend…xoxo…Calle, Halle, Sukki

20. Sierra Rose says

Yummmmzieeesss! We can smell those treats over here! Golden Samantha's mom had some bluberry deliciousness fur pal treats recently!! She gave mom a handful for me…and quite mysteriously, soon after there didn't seem to be as many as originally.. Hmmmmm. MOM!!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

21. MISTAYA says

Those treats look sooo good! I will ask M.O.M. to make me some very soon! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

22. BeadedTail says

Sugar, those treats look so good and very healthy! I'm going to get my mom to make me some soon! Thanks for the recipe!

Sadie

23. Amy and The House of Cats says

Oh, thanks for sharing the recipe with us – we are going to make some for our doggie cousins!

24. Aksharaa says

YUmmy YUMMZZZ! Must get mumsy to bake some for us over the weekend. thanks for the recipe. Gin isn't that fond of berries, so mumsy usually substitutes them with eggs!It tastes sort of like a cake!

25. ♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ says

Blueberries – we love them. Mom just made Phantom some liver treats and he likes them – we do too. Now we need to get her to test out this recipe too.

Thanks, Sugar.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

26. ♥I am Holly♥ says

Sugar, thanks for the recipe! They look super good!!! Another nap on the couch is always good! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

27. Lorenza says

Sugar!
    I am sure they are delicious!
    Now… how I do to stop drooling??
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

28. Meeka says

You and your mom should publish a doggie cook book. It'll be a top seller.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

29. Those Elgin Pugs says

Oh Sugar!!! Send some of 'dose Nommies our ways..hee hees!!

Loves,
    IzZY, Josie and Anakin Man

30. Katie says

nummy! My humomma just copied that recipe and said she was going to bake some tomorrow!!!! I can't wait! I bet they'll be really good for my little big bro Tucker who needs all the antioxidants he can get to fight the cancer bad guys.

31. 1000 Goldens says

OMD Sugar – if my Mom doesn't make these for me soon, I'm going to have a talk with her. YUM!!

32. the booker man says

miss sugar,
    boy howdy, i thank you and your mama bunches 'n tons for posting all your homemade treatsies recipes! mmmmm!
    *woof*