Got Golden Game? Basketball With Your Dog

I enjoy watching the big kids play basketball in the park. It fascinates me how they throw the big ball in the air to catch it. One time, I stepped on the court but they informed me no dogs are allowed as they don’t know how to play basketball.

I’m proving them wrong … so one early morning at the park., mom taught me the game of basketball. In the process while mom explained to me the game, she realized that the hoop was a bit too high for me. She used her creative mind to modify the game by using the free throw line as the imaginary hoop.

Sugar's mini Basketball: Sugar The Golden Retriever

The main objective was for me to catch the ball, bring it to the other court and drop it on the free throw line. To make it dog appropriate, I was using a mini soft basketball.
If you wish to try this game, make sure your dog knows how to sit and stay. It will be very helpful too for your dog to know/love to retrieve a toy. Remember, to make it a FUN Play with your dog.

Sugar Got Game! Plays Basketball from Golden Woofs on Vimeo.

What do you think…Got Game?

Got Golden Game! Sugar The Golden Retriever

Lots of Golden LVE n Woofs
SUGAR

I am joining FitDog Friday Hop
hosted by SlimDoggy, To Dog With LOVE, and Peggy’s Pet Place.

Comments

1. says

Sugar, you do got game! Well done. That mini basketball is cool. My dad tries to get me to play with a real basketball. I mean, I’ve got a big mouth, but not that big!

2. says

Pretty awesome Sugar! I love basketball but haven’t brought Kayo for the same reasons you weren’t at first welcome. ;0(

But now we’re going to go on a mission to prove people wrong. Kayo would be an awesome basketball player like you! One day the two of you will have to get together and shoot some hoops!

3. MadSnapper says

i saw a great movie about a golden that played basket ball and saved the day. can’t for the life of me remember the name of it right ow…

4. Two French Bulldogs says

Mom was teaching Lily to pit the ball in the basket? Good job Sugar
    Benny & Lily

5. says

Sugar!!!! OMD! I love the photo of you with the ball in your mouth and your eyes closed. BOL You definitely have Golden Game, girl. And what fun your mom made a new game for you to play. (Unfortunately, the video won’t load for me so I couldn’t watch it.)
    Have a Golden Super-Duper weekend with your mom and dad! Give them big *Cairn cuddles* for me.
    Oz

6. says

I wish I could train Gretel to bring her stuffy nut back to us to throw again but I have no idea how to start. I tried but how do you communicate to your dog that they need to pick something up in their mouth? If I could get that down I think I could teach her to bring it to me be first putting it in my hand and then increasing the distance.

7. says

Oh Sugar, you certainly do gots GAME!!!! Wowsa!! I likes your moves fursure!
    And, I likes your ‘kicks’!! BOL