Incorporate Canine Fitness To Your New Years Goal

It’s almost that time of the year where you set goals for the New Year.
Plan to include your dog in your New Years Health Goals.
Your DOG is the Best Workout Buddy.
Working out with your dog is beneficial for both of you.

All Season Commitment: Exercise With Your Dog

Take advantage of the bonding opportunity you create when exercising with your dog.
It strengthens your relationship with your dog and makes exercising more FUN.

Exercising With Your Dog = Bonding

4 Key Points To Achieve Your New Year’s Health Goals With Your Dog

1) Make sure to make Realistic Health Goals, keeping in mind your dog’s capabilities.

2) Commitment is an important key. Make sure to set-up a Routine that you can follow. Keep in mind working out with your dog is an All Season Commitment.

3) Tailor Appropriate Engaging exercises.

4) Make it FUN! Make your workout with your dog an Adventure.

Make Exercising With Your Dog FUN Adventure
Healthy Dog = Happy Dog

A Well Exercised Dog is a Happy Dog.

We are featured at PetCareRx’s 4 Dog Resolutions To Steal From Top Dog Bloggers
along with Tiki, Preston and Rocco.

Lots of Golden LVE n Woofs
SUGAR

Comments

1. says

A huge reason I adopted Beamer was so that I would have a workout buddy. Instead, I got a nap partner.

I definitely plan on being more active with my partner in crime!

2. says

I wish Shiver enjoyed walking more. He just hates it though, and I use that as an excuse not to make him go. Chico loves it! Shiver also hates to be left alone, so Chico doesn’t get to go very often.

3. says

Lady said the reason she went from small dogs to bigger dogs like us was to have a walking buddy. Her little dogs couldn’t go as far. We need long walks daily (ok, except for last week when it was -20 F every day), so we help keep her in shape. Lee and Phod

4. says

Exercising together is not only good but it is FUN! I love all your photos, Sugar…you are always so beautiful and happy. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a healthy and happy New Year.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

5. says

You look so fancy in your coat! Bailie and I are going to try some nosework and tracking starting in Jan, should be a ton of fun for us scent hounds!

6. says

Great suggestions Sugar and wise dogs would take your advice given how fit and healthy you are! Hope you join our Resolve to Move Your Mutt Blog Hop to share your NewYear’s Resolutions!

7. Frankie and Ernie says

You look SUPER in your Warm Coat and your boots. We KNOW you wear them all the time butt they MUST help keep your paws WARM in the winter.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you!!!

8. says

Sugar….
    Happy Solstice!! ;)
    Walking Rose. Something which I have not been too faithful with lately. I really should start up again!! ;op
    –Raelyn and Rose

9. says

Very nice tips Sugar! I’m probably going to exercise more next year. I already started some this month. I don’t need to lose weight, but am hoping that if I gain some muscles maybe I can gain some that way. I’ll probably try to walk more often with Shiner too, when I can.

10. says

While I don’t really do new year resolutions…I do strongly support exercising with your dog!! We love taking Lola with us on hikes and runs and she loves it just as much!
    Now, I have to try those little boots you have on – those look like they may work better than what we’ve tried :)