Green KALE Ice Pops

Keeping your dog hydrated during the winter is just as important as it is during the summer months.

Last year, Sugar admitted that “she needs to drink more water.”Enticing Your Dog To Drink More Water With Fruity Ice Cubes” is one of our top posts last year.

I have to be “seasonal” creative to entice Sugar to drink more water.
Since March is the month for celebrating St Patricks Day, I made Green Ice Pops for Sugar.

Green KALE Ice Pops

The main ingredient is KALE.

Kale and Dogs

Kale is known to be a superfood for dogs. Kale is known to help prevent cancer in humans and research suggests it does the same in animals. Kale contains numerous antioxidants and essential vitamins, which includes beta carotene, vitamin A, C, E, and calcium.

The second ingredient is Coconut oil.

Kale Coconut Oil and Dogs

Coconut Oil is beneficial to dog’s 1) skin conditions 2) digestions and 3)immune system.

The last ingredient is ginger flavored water.

Ginger and Dogs

Ginger is known for its natural remedy. It helps calm a sore stomach.

Green Kale Ice Pops
1 cup of Kale
2 tsp of Coconut Oil
1/4 cup of Ginger Flavored Water

Blend it together in a blender or food processor.(fill it up only halfway)
Freeze it for about 2 hours

You can give it to your dog as a treat or add it in your dog’s water.

Green KALE Ice Pops

Definitely Tuesdays Just Got Tastier.
This is a Blog Hop I am co-hosting with my doggie pal Kol.
Click Here to for more information and rules of the Hop.

If you are joining our Tasty Tuesday Blog HOP, Golden Thanks!
Don’t forget to grab the Hop’s Badge and post it along with your blog post. Hop’s Badge is located on the Tasty Treat Recipe Page. Also, don’t forget to Link-up your blog post on the hop. Please find some time to visit all the participants.

Lots of Golden Thanks.
Happy Tasty Tuesday!

Comments

1. Frankie and Ernie says

THOSE are beautiful. Bet they taste super with that coconut stuffs in there. We like it on our teefs brush along with our chicken flavor paste.

2. says

When there is ice/fruit in my water bowl, I go for it like I’m bobbing for apples. My whole nose goes in the water and I blow bubbles the whole time! Do you lick your ice cubes daintily?

3. says

Tasty!
    Mom has been trying to get me to eat more vegetable lately. When she cooks veggie stir-fry or when she boils them, she will put some in my bowl.

4. says

Sugar your treats always make me drool, and they always look SO pretty! Mom can cook and bake but nothing ever looks so nice!

5. says

We agree with Reilly and Denny as we only do grass and that makes us ill. Still some pups like greens so great idea and they sure look pretty. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

6. says

That looks really easy to make and I bet Riley would like those! She likes anything green–green beans, spinach, grass, etc.–but I have never given her kale (even though I know it’s a superfood!). One question: do they sell ginger water or did you use ginger and add water separately? Can you tell I don’t cook much?? ;)

• says

Ginger Water = Boil Water w/ Ginger … use your judgment: the bigger the ginger, the flavor is stronger. The water color is similar to a light tea. If you wish, you can add a little honey too. Golden Woofs

7. says

Mom has always been happy because I love to drink water, Bailie does too. Even in the winter we love to drink. Katie has never been one to drink water. Mom tries everything to get her to drink more, but she just doesn’t like to drink water. Maybe these would help her out. They sure look pretty.

8. says

That is a very interesting recipe but I think Bentley would love it. I am not a fan of kale but if it has all of those benefits to the dogs, I’ll sure give it a try. Bentley is an official “bananaholic” since meeting you! Happy Mardi Gras Sugar!

9. says

BOL – while Sam would have loved those, I can already hear Harlow screaming in terror.

Monty and Harlow

10. says

Hi Sugar, Thank you to your mom for posting this-I eat Kale on a regular basis and also juice with Kale for my liver. Hunter is a pretty picky eater but I may try this for him, if he doesn’t like it I will!
    Hope you are having a great day!
    Wags,
    Noreen & Hunter

11. says

I’ve heard that kale is very easy to grow in a garden, but I’ve never tried it myself so wasn’t sure if it would be worth it. These sound like a great treat for the dogs….our new puppy Luke loves ice cubes and frozen treats and these would be good for him too. Maybe I could even get the fussy girls to eat them!

12. says

How do you keep Sugar from taking the pops into another room and eating it there? I”m afraid BJ will eat it on my carpeting. The kale is a natural dye and my carpeting is beige.

• says

That’s a good question? … Sugar is good as she keeps it in the bowl. I make the “ice pops” not too thick. I don’t put that much water in the bowl as the “ice pops” melts. Using a stainless bowl seems to work better than other bowls. Hope this helps out. Golden Woofs

13. says

Healthy and they sound yummy! Yummy enough for us humans, too! I have all those ingredients, so I think I’ll whip up a batch. One of our Huskies chokes a lot when she drinks, so as a result, she doesn’t drink as much as she should and I give her crushed ice…I think she’ll really like this! Thanks, Sugar! We’re hopping on your Tasty Tuesday blog hop today, too, for Mardi Gras Tasty Fat Tuesday!

14. says

So yummy and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, which is my birthday. I’m hoping my humans will throw a doggy party for me. Can’t you just imagine a bunch of dogs bobbing for Kale Ice Pops!

15. Janice says

How did you make the ginger water? Just soak some ginger for a few hours? I think these would be great for my beagle. She loves her veggies.

Trackbacks