It is important to take proper care of your pet dental health. Why? If left untreated, the buildup of plaque and tartar can lead to periodontal disease.
This post is sponsored by bluestem™ and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to increase awareness of and share my experiences with the bluestem™ oral care products, but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. bluestem™ is not responsible for the content of this article.
There are several ways on how to maintain your pet dental health. They are easy and very simple to incorporate into your daily pet routine.
Learn How To Maintain Your Pet Dental Health
1) Be a PROACTIVE Pet Parent – Periodontal disease is the most common disease among dogs and cats. Statistics shows that eight out of ten pets will show signs of dental disease by age three.
2) Know the Signs – Don’t ignore your dog’s bad breath. Bad breath is one of the first signs of periodontal disease. A healthy dog with healthy teeth should not have bad breath. Doggy bad breath is not common in senior dogs. Other poor pet dental health signs include red, swollen and bleeding gums, yellow or brown teeth, and tooth loss.
3) BRUSH Your Pet’s Teeth – Learn the basic steps in brushing your pet’s teeth. Daily tooth brushing is the best thing for your pet dental health.
4) TREATS for Dental Health – Provide your pet savory treats that are specially made to promote healthy gums and teeth.
5) Use WATER ADDITIVE for Oral Care – A Water additive is one of the simplest ways to help maintain your pet’s oral health. Only bluestemTM oral care products contain coactiv+TM technology, a unique formulation scientifically formulated to help breakdown plaque where harmful bacteria multiply.
Simple Pet Dental Health Solution, bluestemTM Oral Care
Due to SUGAR’s tongue surgery from two years ago, she developed mouth sensitivity and it has been difficult to brush her teeth. I rely on dental products like bluestemTM oral care to care for SUGAR’s teeth.
bluestemTM oral care water additive is available in three formulations: unflavored, chicken flavored and vanilla mint. The unflavored and chicken formulas are safe for both dogs and cats while the vanilla mint flavor should only be used with dogs, never cats.
Recently, many health changes have occurred, and SUGAR’s new diet had an effect on her dental health. I’ve noticed lots of brown and yellow spots on SUGAR’s teeth. For 30 days, I added bluestemTM oral care water additive into SUGAR’s drinking water.
Discolored teeth are not normal and should never be ignored!
There’s no visible change in the water; no ‘water film’ residue developed from adding bluestemTM oral care water additive. No strong scent from either unflavored or chicken formulas while vanilla mint flavor delivered a refreshing minty scent.
SUGAR enjoys flavored water, so she loves bluestemTM oral care water additive chicken flavor. Plus, it made her drink more water for the day. Within the fourth week, some of the brown and yellow spots on SUGAR’s teeth had diminished. SUGAR’s breath smells good too. For a senior dog (15 years old), SUGAR’s teeth are healthy and proof on how I care for her dental health. It is important to start early and have a daily pet oral care routine.
Healthy Teeth = Happy Longer Life
To summarize here are 5 Key Benefits of bluestemTM Water Additive
1) Easy to use as daily maintenance: simply add 2 capfuls to 2 1/2 cups of your pet’s drinking water. It is recommended to gradually introduce to your pet’s water bowl; start with 1/4 cap of bluestemTM to 2 1/2 cups of water and slowly work your way up to 2 capfuls.
2) Scientifically formulated (powered by coactiv+TM technology) and clinically proven to freshen breath, help fight plaque and tartar. 9 out of 10 dogs using bluestemTM oral care with coactiv+TM showed significant improvement in their oral hygiene.
3) 100% food-grade ingredients (intended for both cats and dogs) and suitable for daily use.
4) An independent study concluded that bluestemTM oral care water additive is safe for daily use; xylitol-free, alcohol-free and chlorhexidine-free.
bluestemTM oral care is approved by Health Canada’s Low-Risk Veterinary Health Products (LRVHP) program.
5) NO Brushing Required
bluestemTM also offers an oral spray in vanilla mint flavor. It is only approved for dogs and should not be used on cats. For fresher breath, you simply spray into your dog’s mouth once or twice a day.
A handy and convenient pet oral care. It is easy to use. I often use it when we are on the road traveling. I simply spray into SUGAR’s teeth and gums. At first, SUGAR was bothered by the taste. There were lots of licking, but it helped coat all surfaces of SUGAR’s teeth.
Providing proper dental care for your pet is crucial to their overall health and well-being.
How often are you taking care of your dog’s mouth and teeth?
For your pet dental health, we invite you to try bluestemTM oral care water additive and oral spray. For more information, visit bluestem.com. Use promo code ‘TRYBLUESTEM‘ for 20% off. Be informed about bluestemTM oral care on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of bluestem. The opinions and text are all mine.