As a Golden Retriever, SUGAR exceeded her life expectancy. Many are surprised to know that she’s 15 years old. For her age, SUGAR is an active senior dog. She loves to play fetch, go for long walks, fun run, and swim. After two major surgeries (mass removal on her tongue and splenectomy), SUGAR remains in good health. I continue to be a proactive pet parent to help SUGAR live a happy and healthy senior life.
5 Ways to Help Your Senior Dog Live Happy and Healthy
1. It is vital, as a pet parent, to EDUCATE yourself on how to care for your senior dog. Learn the symptoms of common ailments in senior dog. Do not hesitate to consult your veterinarian. Keep an open-minded and learn all that you can about the things you know little about senior dog health.
2. I get asked this question often, “What do you feed SUGAR?” it seems that many pet parents believe that a nutritious diet can prevent many common health issues and contributes to a happy long life. It is important that you choose the proper DIET with the right nutrients to keep your senior dog active, happy, and healthy.
3. Incorporate PLAY and EXERCISE to your daily activities. It is crucial to keep your senior dog’s mind and body engage. A study shows that “Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks.” Establish the right amount of activity for your senior dog.
4. For optimal health, enhance your dog’s diet with SUPPLEMENTS. I’ve tried many reputable supplement brands for SUGAR. This year, since SUGAR’s digestion issue, I’ve been loyal to the FetchFuel brand. In previous posts, I shared how FetchFuel ACTIVE revived SUGAR’s energy after her splenectomy and how FetchFuel’s nutritional sauce makes SUGAR like an Olympian. Recently, I’ve incorporated FetchFuel BELLY, squeezable nutrition for dogs digestion. It is naturally tasty and contains fiber, prebiotics, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Great to soothe a sensitive stomach, or enhance your dog’s diet.
… everyday should be the best day, boost your dog’s nutrition with FetchFuel!
FetchFuel was formulated to work for all dogs; age, breed and size. It’s easy to serve, simply squeeze the bottle (according to the recommended dosage) directly on dog food. FetchFuel uses natural, healthy and tasty flavoring your dog will love. There are no colors or dyes added to any FetchFuel products and are produced in their human-grade facility in California. To learn more about FetchFuel visit FetchFuel.com. Sign up to receive a FetchFuel sample. You’ll love the result, and your dog will love it too.
5. Due to side effects, I’m not a big fan of prescription medication. As much as possible, I AVOID giving SUGAR PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS. I learned that it might take a while, but there are many ways to naturally and effectively treat an illness.
Our friends from FetchFuel are offering one of our readers a bottle of ACTIVE and BELLY.
Follow the giveaway tool for a chance to win.
[Giveaway provided by FetchFuel]
Do you have a senior dog?
How do you keep your senior dog live happy and healthy?