With the record HEAT and torrential Rain … lots of Mosquitoes.
On my Barkday while taking a photograph a mosquito landed just above my eye. Can you see it? (Photo Below)
I felt it caused I immediately shook my head and did several twirls.
Just a reminder to everyone … Dogs, cats, and even horses are all at risk of disease infestation through mosquito bites.
I found out being an indoor dog, I am about 45% less likely to be bitten by mosquitoes. But still I am very conscious of the Heartworms and West Nile Virus, two main threats to dogs via mosquito bites.
Remember to take precautions when you spend outdoors with your dogs. Here are some helpful tips …
- Be aware/avoid tall grassy and pond/lake areas where ticks and mosquitoes gather.
- After being outdoors, check your dog for mosquito bites, flea dirt and ticks.
- Excessive scratching/licking can be a sign that a bite or infestation has occurred.
- Avoid walking at dawn and dusk. It is when mosquitoes are most active.
- Be proactive by regularly clean your home and pet’s bed.
- Always consult your veterinarian for any concerns and questions.
A good reason for me to stay indoors and sleep.
Be safe everyone.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of Golden Woofs,