First the sad news is the passing of my Golden friend Abbey. My Golden Thoughts to Abbey’s family. Central Park will never be the same without you Abbey. I’ll make sure to eat extra bacon in your memory.
To visit Abbey’s blog click here.
The GOOD NEWS is the other Blog Scraper’s site have been Shut DOWN. Absolutely great news … I can relax and do some blogging.
Many of you have asked What to do and How to report a Blog Scraper?
1) Find out the owner of the site by using whois.domaintools.com
2) Contact the owner of the site based on the websites contact or from whois information. It is hard but try to compose a polite letter informing the violation of copyright.
3) On the whois server stats obtain the host information of the website.
4) Check the website host legal policy on copyright.
5) If you don’t receive a respond from the blog owner, compose a “takedown” email to the website host.
To obtain more detailed information www.plagiarismtoday.com is a good source. I am very fortunate to obtain assistance from the owner of the site. I have learned so much about content plagiarizing for the past two days. Many Golden Thanks.
– A MUST READ AND KNOW –
Before I let rest the topics blog copyright and Blog Scraper, I would like to share a related topic: Blog Spammers – wherein they copy your blog title and only a portion of your post. Oh! and they are trying to be smart by putting a link back to the original blog author so its not enough to be a copyright infridgment. What I’ve seen in blogs that are considered spam are in WordPress (automatic feed most likely from plugin(s)). If your blog posts are used by a blog spammer, the best way to resolve this is to report the website to the host and Google as a spam.
I am glad to know that there’s a solution.
If you view my blog title a bit odd especially on blogger/google reader, I am trying a different way to insert Copyscape – its for the Blog Spammers … I’m giving it a try to see the outcome on their blog.
Hope this information is helpful.
Let us all continue to unite to protect the security of our blogs.
Lots of Golden Woofs,