It’s Labor Day weekend which marks the end of summer (even though summer does not officially end yet). It simply means that many summer activities come to a halt as the weather changes.
Watermelon is a favorite summer fruit. It is tasty, sweet, juicy and simply refreshing.
5 Facts About Watermelon …
1. Watermelon is made up of about 92% water.
2. A great source of vitamins A and C and potassium.
4.Watermelon’s official name is Citrullus Lanatus of the botanical family Curcurbitaceae. It is cousins to cucumbers,pumpkins and squash.
5. Watermelon is the most-consumed melon in the U.S., followed by cantaloupe and honeydew.
Watermelon is a SAFE fruit for dogs.
Remember: Feed in Moderation
Woof! Woof! Great … Can I have some watermelon?
For safety purposes, mom cuts the Watermelon into CUBES
Do you want to learn how?
1) Wash the watermelon under cold water.You need a sturdy cutting board and sharp knife.
2) Place the watermelon vertically on the cutting board.
Cut/remove both ends of the watermelon.
3) Select a side and begin to slice downward to cut the watermelon rind off. Slice the rind off all the way to the opposite end of the watermelon. Continue until all of the rind has been removed.
4) Make about 6 even vertical slices across the watermelon. Then, take one piece and cut it vertically and horizontally to create cube pieces.Repeat this process with the rest of the slices.
5) WALA! … you got nicely sliced cubes of watermelon.
An Easy way to enjoy a watermelon is Freezing it.
Simply place sliced watermelonon a parchment paper.
Then Freeze it. You will have an instant, Watermelon Ice Cube Popsicle
Watermelon is my favorite summer fruit.
You May Also Like:
Watermelon Pops For You and Your Dogs