One of our Maui grown fruit is the Maui Gold Pineapple.
WHY? it is simply super sweet (I mean sweeter than any pineapple brand).
It is juicer, less acidic and TASTY!
It is great to eat as is and/or as a compliment for any meal.
There are many ways to cut a pineapple.
We want to share 1 method on How To Cut A Pineapple.
1) Wash the pineapple, make sure you have a sharp knife and a clean/wide cutting board.
2) Cut-off the bottom of the pineapple.
3) Stand the pineapple. Use the top (leafy part) as a handle to cut the skin-off of the side.
4) Continue cutting the skin-off of it.
5) Cut the top of the pineapple. Then, you are left with a cylinder pineapple flesh.
6) *Optional: Depending on how you cut the skin-off, you might see some divits left. You can use the end of a peeler to scoop it out. *
7) We prefer cutting the pineapple into wedges and chunks. Cut the pineapple in half then into quarter sections (lengthwise).
*If you have not done the 6) and if there are any divits that you have not cut off, this is another opportunity for you to remove.*
8) Place the quarter section of the pineapple core side up. Slice the core by cutting lengthwise just under the core. *The core is easily distinguishable from the edible fruit. The core is lighter in color and fibrous in texture.*
Repeat with remaining quarters.
9) Once all the core has been removed, cut the pineapple into desired chuck sizes.
10) Pineapple can be served chilled or room temperature. ENJOY!
As I mentioned, Maui Gold Pineapple is locally and exclusively grown in Maui, HI.
Maui Gold Pineapple production has gone through many changes for the past years.
It used to be located on the West side, Kapalua which offered Pineapple Field Tours.
Mom said that the tour was very educational and the view from the field was beautiful.
The Pineapple field and tours were moved to Upcountry Hal’iimaile. Thus, Maui Gold pineapples are grown across 1,350 acres on the slopes of Haleakala, which makes it an idyllic location and weather conditions (warm sunny days, cool nights, fresh water and rich volcanic soil) for growing Maui Gold pineapples.
There’s so much history on how Maui Gold Pineapple evolved. If you visit Maui and would like to learn more about Maui Gold Pineapple (its history, how it is grown and learn its production process), joining the Pineapple Tour Express is an educational joyful activity for the day.
Lots of Golden Thanks, Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs