For now, I’m saying good bye to my latest experience to ear infection. I took my final medicated pill last Tuesday, click here to see how mom hid it in my treat. I’m free of ear swelling and rash. Done with ear shakes, paw licking and especially itching (but i’m left with lots of ugly scabs).
Golden Happy for a good night sleep.
Due to my allergies, ear infections commonly occur. My family tries their very best to prevent the severity of occurrence by keeping my ears well groomed.
Grooming is a rewarding bonding experience between you and your dog. Ear Grooming is a once a week task and dog owners should not rely solely on your dog grooming services.
We can’t emphasize enough the importance of weekly ear grooming.
There are some dogs that manage quite well without human intervention.
In any case, we suggest that you check your dog’s ears every so often.
You have to make sure that there isn’t any irritation or blockage that could prevent them from hearing properly, as environmental factors can have unexpected effects.
But there are dog breeds like my kind that are more susceptible to ear problems.
It’s not a choice for me but to ensure safety, a weekly ear clean-up has been my routine.
Here’s our 5 steps process of ear cleaning …
1) On one of my bath post last November, I shared with you what mom use to clean my ears, cotton balls and/or precision q-tips. Using the q-tips helps get into the little nooks and crannies and gets all the visible ear wax build-up.
2) Ear hair grooming is part of the process. Cutting/eliminating ear hair is important. Mom uses a small scissor to eliminate unwanted hairs. I’m lucky there’s not much hair growing out of my ear canal but if there’s hair mom needs to use tweezers to pluck it. Excess hair by the ear canal can cause a build-up of dirt and fluff.
3) Not my favorite part, squirting the ear cleaning solution (formula from my vet) inside my ears accompanied by a gentle ear massage.
4) I get to shake shake shake my head …
5) Of course, I get some Tasty Treats as a reward.
Do you regularly clean your dog’s ear?
It takes lots of patience to care for your dog’s ear but it is worthwhile.
If you do it often your dog gets used to it, just like me.
Today, I am also saying good-bye to my medicated ear drops, which was squirted in my ear 2x everyday. Once again, my ‘balancing trick n treat’ was put into work in order for the squirting process to work well.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs
*If you are friends with me in FB, I shared last Tuesday that I was not feeling well again and been throwing up. I digested something that upset my stomach. Mom’s chicken n rice meal made my stomach feel better. Many Golden Thanks to your well wishes.*