Do you take your dog for a walk in the park? For sure there are accessible walking paths. Do you tend to take the park’s walking path all the time. It’s gets boring … for and your dog. Yes, dogs gets bored. Look around your park and check out some of the accessories available.
Use your creative mind on how to utilize them.
Find the opportunity to deviate from the park’s walking path. Why?
5 Reasons to Bring Creativity on Your Dog Walks
1) To get rid of boredom and redundancy.
2) Stimulate your dog’s mind. Providing a challenge on your dog’s walk.
3) Great way to reinforce and/or practice important basic commands
such as sit/stand, stay and come. It does not matter the age of your dog,
it is always good to practice these basic commands.
4) Eliminating fear and/or any uneasiness on unfamiliar places/equipments.
5) The main propose on going to the park beside walking is to have FUN. Being Creative is Fun.
How do we make our daily walks creative.
When I was a young pup I did agility. I went to shows, competed and mastered many agility equipment terms. I carried this knowledge to make my walks creatively Golden FUN.
1) Bike Racks – Most parks have bike racks and they are now built in many different ways. My favorite is the round bike racks which I associate as a tunnel. The second one is just the arch bike racks which I associate as weave poles.
2) Tables – Many parks have picnic tables, it a good place to rest or take a break from your walk. Also, reinforcing/practicing sit, stay and come commands.
3) Playground – Nowadays, many playground equipments are built in recycled materials, a great way for your dog to get familiarized. I usually enjoy walking on the bridge then thru the steps several times. Take Note: please obey your park rules, many do not allow dogs in the playground and only go when no children are playing.
4) Fitness Equipment – Take this opportunity to rest your dog while you take advantage of the series of equipments. Another good way to reinforce/practice stand, stay and come commands.
5) Stairs – We’ve previously shared how we enjoy stair climbing, its our favorite. I’m fast so mom goes first as I stand and stay at the bottom of the stair. I wait for her to say command “come” and I go. Sometimes I go first and I wait for her at the top. Got to try it as it’s FUN! You can always start and/or practice on park ledges.
I invite you to look around your park and check the accessories.
Surely you can think of Creative FUN Ways to utilize them on your dog walking.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs