Do you enjoy gardening? Do you include your dog when gardening?
Many of you know that my mom loves to cook (wannabe Rachel Ray).
Well, mom also enjoys gardening (wannabe Martha Stewart). We have a gardener, Mr. Mark and his crew, but there are certain yard work needed to be handled by us. Yes, I am part of my mom’s crew, Golden Woofs Landscaping.
For many, it can be challenging to have their dog while gardening.
Use your best judgement. I’m lucky that I started at a young age helping mom gardening.
Why include your dog while gardening?
1) Training opportunity for your dog to get familiarized with yard/garden.
Your dog needs to know yard limits, which part of the garden safe and off limits.
2) Helps reduce your dog’s curiosity.
When gardening with your dog, keep in mind these 4 safety tips.
1) Create comfort zones where your pet can rest (sit/lay down) and watch you.
2) Place gardening tools particularly sharp ones in a safe area or container. A gardening tool can be mistaken as a toy.
3) There are lots of pretty flowers/plants but some of them can be dangerous to your dog. The ASPCA has an entire list of plants to avoid. Let your dog sniff the flowers/plants in your garden.
4) Ground mulch provides beauty in your garden but some can be dangerous to your dogs. One example is Cocoa Mulch which I have ingested when I was a young pup. Wisely choose the proper mulch. We use a fine mulch that is almost looks like a soil.
Always remember, Have FUN! Enjoy your garden with your dog.
Don’t be upset if your dog digs a hole, knocks over a pot and/or kills a plant. It happens.
Plants grows back and can be replaced but keep in mind the bond you created with your dog is irreplaceable and more rewarding.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs