My time outdoors have been limited during hot summer days. Luckily mom’s gym allowed me to go with her and I had a chance to workout too.
I was drawn immediately to the tire. A tire is one agility equipment I’m familiar to jump through. However, the tire in the gym was not hanging on a pole/frame but rather it is laying on the floor. Instead of jumping through it, I have to Jump In & Out The Tire.
How To Teach Your Dog To Jump In & Out A Tire
Let your dog be familiarized with the tire ex: sniffing it.
1) Start in a sit position (facing the tire).
2) Use the verbal command Jump, use a treat and hand signal “point” to guide your dog to jump in/out of the tire.
3) End in a sit position (facing the tire).
4) After several jumps, eliminate the hand signal “point.” Use only the verbal command Jump.
5) Most importantly Have FUN! Be patient.
Below is a 23sec video of ME, demonstrating how to jump in and out of a tire.
I am joining FitDog Friday Hop,
hosted by SlimDoggy, To Dogs With Love and Peggy’s Pet Place.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs