For the past weeks, I’ve heard lots of unusual noises.
First, we had so much rain with thunder and lots of Boom Boom noises.
Secondly, many men have invaded my backyard and lots of heavy equipment made loud noises.
I am not very happy. My backyard time has been limited and loud noises have disturbed my Golden peaceful naps.
What does my mom do to make me feel good?
1) Making sure I am in a Safe Place in the house. When I hear unusual noises, I like being upstairs and under the office table. Since I am free to roam around the house, mom encourages me that it is okay to be on my bed where I can lie on my favorite blankie.
2) Even though all the doors and windows are closed I can still hear noises. Mom plays calming MUSIC such as instrumental/ classical. Sometimes, she leaves the TV on.
3) Mom provides me a special banana Kong treat in which serves as a DISTRACTION for a couple minutes.
4) Mom lights up calming Scented Candles/Oils. She uses a Lavender scent. It surely calms me down and puts me to sleep.
5) Nothing beats the magic of TOUCH. Lots of Caressing from mom are the best.
4th of July celebration is this Thursday. The above methods my mom used to make me feel good can definitely be used if your dog fears the sounds of 4th of July celebration.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs