In honor of BlogPaws Senior Pets Celebration we were inspired to ask our Golden Pines friend Kim, Why does she adopt Senior Golden Retrievers? Kim has a Golden heart for Senior Goldens. She has fostered/adopted many unwanted Goldens at the shelter. Kim loves senior Goldens, smitten by their soulful look from their eyes and gentle white faces. Her Golden Pines home has given these Senior Goldens new Golden Treasured Life.
1. Senior dogs are almost always house-trained and you get to sleep through the night not worrying about accidents.
2. Senior dogs won’t chew your favorite shoes and furniture.
3. Senior dogs are content to just hang out with you and not make the demands on your time and attention like young dogs can.
4. Adopting a senior dog can help cure empty-nester blues. What can be a better distraction for a lonely parent whose last child has just left home?
5. When you adopt a senior dog, you are given an extraordinary gift to love and be loved unconditionally in return. What could be a better gift?
Lots of Golden Thanks Kim for sharing your Golden LOVE to Senior dogs.
We wish for all senior dogs in the shelter to get adopted and find their forever home.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs
Next time, I’ll share my thoughts of Being a Senior Golden Retriever.