I enjoy going for a long walk. I am especially fond of nature walks. It’s amazing how many “secret” gardens we’ve discovered on our walks. I Golden LOVE when my mom takes me to the pond and on a mini hike too.
Believe it or not bugs/flies likes my mom. She always gets bit. It’s been a constant dilemma for the reasons why she gets bit. Well, it means that bugs surrounds my vicinity too. Mom is always on a hunt for natural remedy/solutions for both of us to use.
Months ago, we discovered the product Natural Pet Herbal Defense Oil. It is a concentrated insect replant oil that consist of Neem Oil, Almond Oil, Citronella, Lavender, Rosemary, Sage and Cedar. It is 100% deet and pesticide free. These natural oil scents are safe and familiar scents for people but many biting bugs/flies/insects dislike it.
The suggested application is on a dog’s neck, back hindquarters and belly.
Due to my skin sensitivity, mom uses my harness to apply the oil drops.
We are INDEED! bug/flies/insect free on our walks.
Mom is a bit sensitive to smell. She says that the scent of citronella is strong but diminishes after a couple of minutes. Also, it is suggested to use on a weekly basis but since it is applied to my harness, mom applies it every 3 days.
Natural Pet Herbal Defense Oil is also used by many as a holistic way to prevent flea/tick. I’m fortunate that I never had any flea or tick. A natural flea/tick solution is applied on me every four weeks. The Natural Defense Oil is my added guardian against these pesky flea/tick.
Did you know that many bug/flies/insects/fleas tend to hide underneath piles of leaves and grass. Be extra careful and watchful of these areas where you walk your dog.
Important Ways you can adapt to avoid these pesky bugs/flies/insects/fleas/ticks
1) These pesky bugs/flies/insects/fleas/ticks are drawn to the weakest hosts. By feeding a high quality balance food, your dog will be in good health and have a strong immune system.
2) Grooming your dog is essential which consists of brushing and bathing. Cleaning your dog’s paw after being outdoor is a must.
3) Daily cleaning of your dog’s home environment particularly their sleeping area(s).
4) Mindful of your outdoor environment and activities. Use your best judgement in the areas you walk your dog.
5) Always consult your vet for preventative medications/natural remedies.
We give Natural Pet Herbal Defense Oil 4 Golden Paws.
Do you use a Natural Oil for your dog/pet?
Disclaimer: Golden Woofs:Sugar The Golden Retriever did not receive any monetary compensation for this post/review. Only Natural Pet Store provided Sugar Herbal Defense Oil Blend to try/test.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs