It’s been almost 4 weeks since PetSafe Train ‘n Praise has been placed on Sugar’s treat mat. The Train ‘n Praise Treat Dispenser is designed specifically to create new and positive practice in response to the most common household dilemmas. Some of these dilemmas are jumping and begging.
Sugar is not a jumper but occasionally when a family friend rings the doorbell. Sugar Golden Jumps with excitement. The Train n Praise Treat Dispenser comes in handy in this situation. By showing Sugar’s the remote, her attention gets diverted to me (and the remote control). She knows what the remote control delivers, TREATS. When Sugar hears the command GO, Sugar goes where the Train n Praise Treat Dispenser and waits for a treat.
How Did Sugar learn?
It requires introduction to the Train n Praise Treat Dispenser and training.
1) The Train n Praise was easy to install and it requires minimal set-up.
2) I selected a corner spot and used a secured mat to place the Train n Praise Treat Dispenser. I also had an option to mount it on a wall.
3) I let Sugar get familiarized with the dispenser machine by sniffing and showing her the remote control. I activate the remote control (push n release mode), allowing her to see the light and hear a “tone”. Did this for a couple hours.
4) I placed Sugar’s favorite treat in the dispenser and ask her to come on the mat.
5) I gave her a command of “shake” in which she obliged.
6) Using the remote, I dispense a treat.
7) Sugar heard a tone and immediately her gaze was on the dispenser.
8) Sugar was happy to eat the treat as a reward.
9) Sugar tried to “paw” the dispenser for more treats, I immediately diverted her attention to me and provide her a treat on my hand.
10) As she calmed down (from excitement), I dispense another treat.
Sugar is very smart and got the idea that the Train n Praise dispenses treats. She “paw” the dispenser several times and stayed on the mat staring at the dispenser. For days, I did not dispense any treats and waited for the right moment. One example is when she begs for a treat. Sugar is not a barker or moans for a treat. She uses her Golden begging Eyes when she wants something (other than a banana treat).
Having the remote is convenient. When I’m on the couch, I don’t have to get up as I can remotely dispense a treat. The remote has a range of 25 feet.
Sugar gives PetSafe Train n Praise Treat Dispenser 4 Golden Paws Up. I’ve started to incorporate some of Sugar’s activities such as cleaning up her toys with the Train n Praise Treat Dispenser. Will definitely do some follow-up video reviews on our Instagram, follow us at @goldenwoofs
Is the Train n Praise Treat Dispenser an apparatus that will benefit you and your dog’s training? Why?
If it is, state on your comment and join our rafflecopter giveaway.
Disclaimer: PetSafe provided Golden Woofs Train n Praise Treat Dispenser. Golden Woofs was not compensated for this post review. Golden Woofs does not endorse products that we don’t feel confident in using ourselves. PetSafe is responsible for providing the giveaway prize.