Pet Expo is a great event not only for pet retailers. It is also a good educational event for pet owners and pet bloggers to attend. It’s an opportunity to learn new pet products and gather the latest pet resource information. Last March, I attended Global Pet Expo which is the pet industry’s largest annual trade show featuring the newest and most innovative pet products on the market. This past weekend, I attended Backer’s Total Pet Expo. Since it was held in Chicago, Sugar was able to come with me.
1) Gathering of Brands
As a blogger, it is great to meet the people behind the brand/product and an opportunity to see the latest pet products in the market.
a) Meeting Who is Behind our Favorite Brands
Golden Happy to finally meet Stephen Longo the inventor/owner of The Fifth Paw. Check out the new color and packaging of The Fifth Paw. We will share more about it in the coming months.
The team from PawZ knew Sugar arrived at the show as their customers alerted them. Golden Delight chatting and sharing stories with the PawZ team. Golden Thanks for supplying Sugar’s PawZ dog boots.
Soggy Doogy’s Super Shammy is Sugar’s favorite dog towel. It was a pleasure to finally meet the founder Joanna Rein of Soggy Doggy. Coming soon we will review another Soggy Doggy product.
Clear Conscience Pet is one of the brand sponsors of Total Pet Expo. So sweet to meet Amanda who showered Sugar with Delish treats. We recently reviewed several CCPet products. Sugar’s favorite is the Super Gravy.
- Jax & Bones staff are always thrilled to see Sugar. One of Sugar’s bed is a Jax & Bones, click here to check our review post.
- PAWsome to visit Jones Natural Chews and see Flea with her bag full of treats. Sugar almost unwrapped a big bone from the shelf.
- Sugar and I checked out Thunderworks MLB Thundershirts. They currently have a limited MLB teams available. Check out our post, ThunderShirt Natural Remedy To Alleviate Dog’s Anxiety.
- Sugar, The Best Dog Ever, had to stop and say hello at Merrick Food Pet Care.
- Delca is known for their tasty alligator treats. They came up with new soft chew snacks such as Peanut Butter and Sweet Potato. Sugar is going to taste test it soon and will share it on a review post.
- Golden SMILES visiting Himalayan Dog Chew treats and Tropiclean, products we got to know from being a PetBox’s spokesdoggy.
- Woofs to KONG! Sugar found a tasty toy on the shelf. The classic KONG dog toy is Sugar’s favorite. Click here to check out our visit to KONG facility in Golden, CO.
- Had to visit and thank EarthRated who has been a wonderful supporter of our #ScoopThatPoop campaign.
- We always get compliments on our quality leashes and thank Auburn leather crafters. We will soon share our experience with their leashes.
c) Getting To Know New Brands & Products
- Golden Woofs is honored to be given a Star Walk by Dogtra. Sugar wore it during the event and has been testing it for the past weeks. Coming soon we will post a review on this dog activity tracker.
- For being 13 years old, Sugar received many compliment. We were invited to pass by Heiro‘s booth and met Dr. Riley. As a Golden Retriever owner, he provided us good insights in regards to allergies. We were given Heiro supplements to try and will definitely share the results soon.
- Kinn is a new brand for us and they came up with a uniquely designed no-wash pet food bowl. Golden Excited to test this product soon.
- Sleepypod understands the importance of pet safety. They created an award winning ClickIt Utility Dog Harness. We invite you to check out their site and watch several videos on rigorous testing for this dog safety harness.
- Neater Pet Brands are known for their Neater Feeder. They branch out to the cats and created an awesome Neater Scooper. Since we’ve been featuring Sugar’s BFF cat Winston and Maynard, they’ve sent us a Neater Scooper. Soon we will share Winston’s and Maynard, cat parent experience with the Neather Scooper.
- Bravo pet food is known for their raw food and recently launched a line of crunchy delight oven baked treats. At their booth, Sugar loved the duck recipe. We will soon review this tasty treat.
- Sugar is all SMILES with Look Who’s HAPPY treats. Look Who’s Happy is going to be our Treat Sponsor for our World SMILE Day blog Hop, October 3rd, Friday. Check out our post, for more information. Hope you can join us.
2) Network, Network, Network
Going to a pet expo is an excellent event to network and an opportunity to socialize. It was great meeting folks in the pet industry and being able to understand the expectations of a social media blast from a blogger’s perspective.
Many local brands, buyers and business owners unexpectedly recognized Sugar. It was wonderful to hear compliments about our blog, the creative topics we do and our logo. Golden Excited to connect and hopeful to establish a partnership with these local groups, business owners and entrepreneurs.
3) It’s FUN attending a Pet Expo
Golden FUN to finally meet Momo from Play Play
Have you attended a Pet Expo? Love to know your experience, share it on the comment.