Today is Sugar’s blog friend Oz the Terrier 10th Barkday. We met Oz last year. He was a bit shy but he’s so sweet and has a cute smile.
Oz has a dark colored coat/fur and it can be difficult to photograph.
Oz mom asked if I can take a couple photos of Oz. I was honored to photograph Oz, as I am not a professional photographer. I provided Oz’s mom photography tips based on what I learned from taking different photo subjects.
5 Tips for Taking Photos of Dark Colored Dogs
1) Lighting – Natural light is the best to get a dark colored dog stand out.
2) Background – Never photograph against a dark background and/or surroundings.
3) Close Up – Great way to feature your dog’s fur and face is through a close-up photo. The effect creates a depth and captures your dog’s unique character.
4) Shooting Mode – Use the continuous shooting mode on your camera. (This feature might not be available for a point-n-shoot.) Don’t wait for the moment. Usually, the best shots are the unexpected and sudden moments.
5) Most important is always to have FUN.
Make sure to find some time to visit and greet Oz the Terrier.
Oz’s mom is doing something very special to celebrate his 10th Barkday!
Golden Happy to co-host Black n White Sunday Blog Hop with Dachshund Nola.
Have a PAWsome FUN Sunday!