September is Happy CAT Month!
Golden Happy to feature Winston and Maynard, Sugar’s BFFF (best furry friend forever). Winston and Maynard have done cat treat reviews for us. Most recently, Winston cat photobombed Sugar.
We asked Winston and Maynard’s cat mom, Why Cats Make Great Pets.
7 Reasons Why Cats Make Great Pets
1) Affectionate: Cats love to be with or near their owner. Cats are known to be extremely loyal. They love attention and in return you’ll get a lot of affection and love.
2) Sleeping Buddy: Most cats love to sleep in your bed when you are sleeping too. Sometimes right on your body aka cat cuddle version.
3) Entertaining: Cats can entertain themselves. It’s fun to see a cat watching from a window what’s happening outside in nature. Cats are always intrigued and chase after anything that enters their home.
4) Playful: Just like dogs, cats love to play too. They leap, run and pounce on a toy. It’s fun to watch a cat play.
5) Lap Pets: It is so neat to have a cat come sit on your lap when you are watching TV or using your laptop. “If a dog jumps into your lap it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer.” (by A. N. Whitehead)
6) Easy Care: Cats meticulously groom themselves. Most cats don’t require bathing.
7) Leash Free: Most cats live and stay indoors. Unlike dogs, cats don’t need to be walked outside.
Like a graceful vase, a cat, even when motionless, seems to flow.
George F. Will
Cats do get along with dogs … and can be Best Friends.
If you want to see something “cute”. You have to check out Oliver, a golden retriever and cat Arashi on Instagram. They were recently featured on buzzfeed, Click Here to see their 26 Adorable Best Friend photos.
Happy CAT Month to all our cat blog friends and cat lovers.
cats are great, they can be the bestest soulmates . thanks for such a nice post about the feline world, Sugar
Elizabeth Keene says
Beautiful photos and kitties! I love seeing articles about cats that are free from the snarkiness that’s become so ingrained in their social media personas. OK, who am I kidding, they are snarky sometimes, but mostly they’re exactly everything you’ve listed here! That’s why I love them so. 🙂 Sugar’s lucky to have such friends.
Miley's Daily Scoop says
Winston and Maynard are so adorable! We have a cat, Belle whom we love but sometimes the feelings aren’t always returned. Have a great day, Sugar!
Madi and mom says
Happy cat month indeed! I am such a. Good groomer a Nd mom brushes me daily. And she says my head smells like fine perfume, I have never had a bath either
Madi your bfff
Dolly the Doxie says
Can you talk to my dad Sugar and help me convince him that I want a kitty brofur? Love Dolly
Melissa & Truffles says
Thank you so much for giving a shout out to kitties, Sugar!
Dory and her Mama says
We just love kitties and have been bugging Mama and Daddy to get us our very own!! We will make sure to show Daddy this post, he is the one we REALLY have to win over!!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
Maynard Jack and Winston says
Sugar, you are the best!!! Thanks for showing our photos!!
Meow! We love you!
Bets Richards- Sweet. Dog. Life. says
Happy Cat Month! We have two 13 year old cats in our house and you are so right, super easy to take care of!
M. K. Clinton says
What beautiful BFFFs you have. I love cats and Miss Gitty was my GSD Madison’s bestie forever. ♥
Obviously, you don’t live with felines, but lots of us dogs do. They have a few good points, but they can be real pests for us dogs. My cat bro Bert has always been a thorn in my side and we actually “duke it out” now and then. I guess some humans really like felines, but I don’t really see a use for them, just have to live with them.
We loved our woofie sisfur Sadie! Thanks for giving us kitties a shout out Sugar! We appreciate it!
Brian Frum says
How did I miss this? Oh, I know, I’m happy every month! Great post sweet one!
The Island Cats says
You don’t have to convince us that cats make great pets!
Two French Bulldogs says
We have lots of happy kitty friends
Lily & Edward
We got three cats here and I luvs em!
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
Beautiful kittys and quote, yes cats and dogs can get along in the same house. I have one and three dogs.
Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady says
I had no idea it was happy cat month! Thanks for letting me know!
Great post too!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
Kitties Blue says
Not only can cats entertain themselves, but they are most entertaining to watch, and they give their humans endless funny stories to recount. Hope you will join us for our Sunday Selfies Blog Hop. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo
I agree cats make great pets. I really miss my Patra. Other than the stinky litter box and her desire to leave paw prints on my artwork, she was a great little kitty. It will probably be some time before I have a cat again, though. I think it would be difficult, if not dangerous, to try to get my very prey-driven dog Pierson used to a cat.