What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is celebrated on Tuesday, December 2nd. It is a global day dedicated to giving back. How to join? Simply find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. For more information, check GivingTuesday.org.
Here are 6 ways you can help your local rescue/shelters
1) Rescue/shelter groups can always use extra supplies. Donate items from their wish list of items, which includes food, beds and toys.
2) Donate your time and volunteer to your rescue/shelter groups.
3) Open your home and foster a pet.
4) If you are in social media, sharing adoption profiles are a pawfect way to help pets that are in need of a home.
5) Check out iGive.com and Amazon Smiles. Both lets you help a favorite cause every time you shop.
6) Merrick and Petco have teamed up to donate high quality meals to pet shelters. For every Merrick can food purchased at Petco (in November and December), a meal will be donated to rescue animals awaiting their forever homes.