Pizzelle are known as traditional Italian wafer cookies. Pizzelle are easy to make using simple ingredients such as flour, eggs, sugar, butter/vegetable oil, and flavoring. In order to make pizzelle, you need a pizzelle iron maker, similar to a waffle iron. The pizzelle maker makes thin wafer cookies with snowflake designs. Pizzelle cookies are our favorite treats to make during winter months. Of course, I set aside ingredients that are dog-friendly and that I can share with my dog Sugar.
Pizzelle Dog Treats
Last year, I made Sugar Banana Pizzelle.
Since Sugar loves banana, I made her Banana Cranberry with Peanut Butter Pizzelle.
Banana Cranberry with Peanut Butter Pizzelle
1 cup of Flour
1 Mashed Banana
1/2 cup Cranberries (fresh/frozen and thawed)
2 tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp Honey
1) In a food processor or blender, pulse cranberries until medium fine.
2) Beat the egg then add peanut butter and honey. Add mashed banana and cranberries. Mix well then add flour. Beat all the ingredients until smooth.
3) Heat Pizzelle Iron and lightly brush the iron with coconut oil.
4) Drop a tablespoon of batter onto the center of the pizzelle iron. Close the lid and bake it for 40-50 seconds.
5) Lift the lid of the pizzelle maker and use a spatula to remove the pizzelle.
Banana Cranberry with Peanut Butter Pizzelle dog treats are simple to make. Tasty treats that you and your dog can both enjoy.
** Looking for Tasty Tuesday 1/13 blog hop? Check our Dog Treats Made with Real Snowflakes post.