If you have a dog, you got the best walking or running buddy. Walking or running together provides long term health benefits for you and your dog. Also, walking or running are the least expensive and convenient way to get fit. Here are …
6 Must Haves For Your Walk or Run With Your Dog
1) Shoes: It is important to get the right pair for walking or running shoes. A good shoe that is gentle to your feet throughout your walks or runs. Road Runner Sports, World’s largest running and walking store, offers walkers and runners the ability to find perfect shoes. They’ve designed a running analysis center called Shoe Dog. Shoe Dog is available in all Road Runner Sports store. Click Here to read our previous post: My Shoe Dog Adventure – Finding The Right Fit and Shoe.
2) Leash: The right length and kind of leash can make your walking or running more enjoyable. I use a multi-functional leather leash, wherein I have the ability to walk or run hands free. I can sling it over my shoulder and or wear it around my waist. Road Runner Sports carries a similar product called The Buddy System Belt and Leash.
3) Activity Tracker: Measure your steps and distance by using an activity tracker. Using a tracker serves a motivation. I have a FitBit and Sugar uses a dog activity monitor called StarWalk. StarWalk measures Sugar’s steps, mileage, burned calories and most importantly temperature. Click Here to read our StarWalk review post.
4) App for Walk/Run For Animals: Use ResQwalk app and you can help a rescue/shelter organization. We are active users of ResQwalk. Click Here to read our previous post and learn how to use ResQwalk.
5) Poop Bags & Holder: Be a responsible dog owner. Remember “There’s No Poop Fairy.” Carry poop bags and pick-up after your dog, Have The Fifth Paw Carry Your Dog’s Doody. Scoop That Poop!
6) Outfit: It is essential you dress accordingly when walking or running with your dog. Do you agree looking cute and fashionable can influence your walking or running behavior? Road Runner Sports has their own brand of women’s and men’s apparel. We invite you to check out Road Runner Gear, Click Here.
Have you been in a Road Runner Sports store?
Road Runner Sports is based in San Diego, CA. It started in September 1983 in a garage by Chief Runner Mike G. It’s main purpose is “to provide sports minded people like you with an alternative; the ability to buy quality fitness products at great prices.” Check your city for a Road Runner Sports store. Road Runner Sports is a dog-friendly store that is also committed to help and support rescue organization.
We invite you and your dog to visit a Road Runner Sports store.
Get fitted with the Shoe Dog analysis, shop and take a photo with Shoe Dog. Use code CX15G175 for 10% off (if you are a current RRS VIP Family you’ll receive an additional 10% off).
If you and your dog visit a Road Runner Sport store, send us your dog’s photo with RR Shoe Dog. We have a special Road Runner Sports giveaway post next month.
We will have to look for one – I don’t think we have those in Arizona though.
Monty and Harlow
that was the post for my mom… you only have to say SHOES and she jumps around like a ball :o)
Oz the Terrier says
Oh, Ma just started running after the New Year holiday. She hasn’t run since like high school gym class but Daddy-dog made sure to get her the right running shoes. He used Road Runner online to buy just the right running shoes for Ma and they are perfect. Daddy-dog shops at Road Runner online all the time…he has been running for some time. Hmmmm, I am not sure if we have a Road Runner by us. We will have to check into that since we love Road Runner!
Frankie and Ernie says
Gotta have the RIGHT GEAR fur the Job. RIGHT???
Reilly & Denny says
We only do walking as Mom’s knees can’t handle running or biking but good walking shoes are a must – and bug spray – as much as we hate the smell – getting bitten is much wore
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
great list of gear, I never heard of that store. thanks for sharing.
Molly The Wally says
BOL funny Easy’s comment. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly
We’ve got it all except the app, but we don’t have the time or desire to deal with apps for walking or running. Good tips especially the human having the right, good footwear!
Darn, I would love to have a Road Runner Sports Store near us.
Murphy & Stanley says
Great post! We got all that stuff and went running with our pawrents just today!
Murphy & Stanley
PS – Please look past any weird posts from us as they are currently being stolen from us and posted to an illegal blog.
Jessica @ YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner says
I don’t know if you saw my recent post but I am going to be increasing my walking, and hopefully even be able to run a little, to train for a trail half marathon. Of course Chester and Gretel will help me get there. I am definitely going to look up the StarWalk. I am using a Fitbit Surge to track my calories but I want to get something to track Chester and Gretel’s too.
Rachel Sheppard says
The fifth paw is THE BEST!