February is Pet Dental Month.
There are many ways to help your dog have a healthy mouth.
A good doggy breath is important.
Here are 8 Recipes for Homemade Dog Breath Treats
1) Cheesy Minty Dog Biscuits – We originally shared this recipe on July 22, 2010
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp dried mint flakes
1 1/3 cups of water
1/4 cup of oil
1 egg (optional)
Combine dry ingredients. Stir in water, oil, and egg. Adjust the liquid as necessary to make stiff dough. Roll on floured cutting board to ~3/8 thick. cut with bone shaped cutter. Place on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake it for ~60minutes in 350 degrees oven until thoroughly dry.
2) From wikihow: No Bake DIY Dog Breath Mints – easy to follow the recipe and illustrations
3) Sugar will LOVE this recipe – Dog Breath Treats with Peanut Butter and Banana from Whole Foods Market
4) Gotta have Fresh Breath even in warm weather. The Nerdy Farm Wife created a Frosty Doggie Breath Freshener Treats
5) Great combination of ingredients in Life and Dog’s All Natural Fresh Breath Dog Cookies
6) The Kitchn offers a recipe with flax seeds, Freshening Dog Treats
7) Peanut Butter and blueberries are 2 secret ingredients in Fresh Eggs Daily’s Fresh Breath, Shiny Coat Homemade Natural Dog Treats
8) Go Grow Go is an easy recipe: Dog Biscuit for Bad Doggie Breath
In the coming weeks, we will share 2 new recipes to freshen your dog’s breath.
Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Lauren Miller says
The cheesy mint biscuits look awesome! I bet my girls would like those!
easy rider says
what a timing! I just ate birdpoop, so that treats will help my momma to survive my breath :o)
Miley's Daily Scoop says
These look so yummy. Not sure if we’ve ever had mint before but if it freshens our breath and makes mom happy then we’re in!
Chewy the Golden says
I dislike fresh mint leaves very much. I always go ptui and shake my head. But I guess mint is okay in treats, cuz they’re treats! Yum!
Amber DaWeenie says
I’m definitely having Mom bookmark this page for the next time she bakes us treats!
Madi and momr says
Ummmmm Sugar mom winders if there are any for cats? She will have to check
Madi your bfff
All of our fresh mint goes into iced tea. I’m actually thinking of planting it around the chicken coop this year to keep rodents out.
Frankie and Ernie says
WE loved the Furst one…. beclaws we grow Apple Mint and we can dry that to use in the recipe…
Two French Bulldogs says
We can smell them cooking!
Lily & Edward
M. K. Clinton says
Thanks so much for these terrific recipes! We love fresh breath. ♥
Molly The Wally says
What can we say but yummy. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly
Jessica Shipman | Beagles and Bargains says
Luna loves anything cheesy so I know she would love these! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I’ll be pinning it for later!
Beth | Daily Dog Tag says
So many good recipes to choose from! I don’t bake for my dogs, but maybe I will start!
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
pinned this page, they all sound great
Dory's Backyard says
Those look like some great recipes Sugar, thanks for sharing!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
So what you are saying is that I could have Mom make these and then give me one everyday for “good breath” AND a tasty treat!
Alix Mitchell says
Buster would love these because of the cheese. The mint is a nice addition too! I wonder what the cheese/flour/mint combo smells like to the humans!
Those sound great, Sugar! You had Delia at “cheese.”
Thank you for sharing our recipe!