February is Pet Dental Health Awareness Month! Sugar and I would like to remind everyone the importance of regular dental health maintenance for your dog.
Brush Up on Your Dog’s Dental Health
Are you paying attention to your dog’s dental care? Does your dog have bad “stinky” breath? Bad breath is caused by bacteria in your dog’s mouth. Periodontal disease begins when bacteria in your dog’s mouth form a substance called plaque. As layers of plaque accumulate, dental tartar is formed. Plaque is soft and can be brushed away. However, tartar forms a hard deposit on teeth and traps bacteria in and under the gumline.
Studies show that over 80 percent of dogs and 70 percent of cats show signs of dental disease by three years of age. Banfield Pet Hospital, located inside a PetSmart ® store, offers a Dental Health Status Report. Make sure to get a copy, it’s a great resource when evaluating your dog’s dental health.
To prevent periodontal disease, you have to start early to care for your dog’s dental health. Brushing you dog’s teeth regularly helps prevent tooth and gum disease. Since this task can be challenging for many pet parents, other home dental care options have been developed. Special dental treats are made to clean your dog’s teeth and help minimize plaque build-up.
PetSmart has variety of dog dental treats, such as Greenies, Blue, Bones, WHIMZEESTM , Milk‐Bone Brushing Chews, Dentistix and Authority Dental Stick, that freshens your dog’s breath and assists in preventing tartar.
WHIMZEES Dental Treats
WHIMZEES is one of Sugar’s favorite dental treats. WHIMZEES is a company of dog-lovers, people-lovers and Earth-lovers. They are obsessed with bringing only the best, healthiest and most-fun dog products to the world.
5 Reasons Why WHIMZEES dental treats are “Simply Better”?
1) WHIMZEES makes Dental Health FUN by creating interesting dental dog chews shapes. Currently, WHIMZEES offers 7 shapes: stix, hedgehog, cross bone, alligator, ear, bone and toothbrush.
2) WHIMZEES dental treats are made in Holland with the finest ingredients, manufactured to the highest standards. WHIMZEES has six natural, functional and no artificial ingredients, colors, flavors, preservatives, GMOs, gluten, or meat. These dental treats are high in fiber and low in calories and sugars.
3) No Plaque, No Tartar, Just SMILES! WHIMZEES’ unique shapes ensure proper blood flow through the gums and prevent bad breath and the build-up of tartar. Check Sugar’s chewing Alligator WHIMZEES video below.
4) WHIMZEES are committed to a healthy world and caring for your dog’ dental health.
5) Your DOG deserves the very best! “Good Dogs Chew on Whimz!”
Make Everyday a Whimzday!
WHIMZEES fun shaped toothbrush is available in extra small, small, medium, large and 3 colors: green, brown, orange. When we visited PetSmart, the large toothbrush seems to be popular, it’s all out. I purchased a multi-pack Medium toothbrush and two single large alligator dental treats. Can you guess which one is Sugar’s favorite? Sugar enjoyed both but the WHIMZEES alligator dental treats definitely provided more chewing time.
Did you know that dogs that chew actively have less plaque build-up? From mechanical action of chewing, dog dental chew treats can help remove the bacterial plaque that can harden into tartar, stimulate gums and freshen breath. Next time you visit PetSmart, make sure to include WHIMZEES dental chew treats in your shopping cart.
” Put some FUN in your Dog’s Routine. Make Everyday a Whimzday!”