I finally made a flat pet SUGAR. I did not have much time so I used my DIY creativity to make a flat pet in 5 minutes. I actually made 2 flat Sugar in 5 minutes: 1) stand-up flat Sugar and 2) flat Sugar on a stick.
The key to making a flat pet is selecting the right photo of your pet. I did not follow what many suggested to use a photo showing off your pet’s paws. Rather, I selected a meaningful photo of Sugar. The photo that is the inspiration of Golden Woofs logo.
How to Make a flat Pet in 5 minutes
6 Supplies You Need
1) photograph of your pet
2) manila folder
5) tape (regular & double sided)
6) wooden stir sticks used for coffee (or any wooden sticks – the thinner the better)
3 Easy Steps to Make a Flat Pet
1) On a 8×11 paper, print your pet’s photo in color. Make sure your pet digital photo is of good quality.
2) Glue it on a manila file folder. Then, cut out the outline of your dog’s photo
To make a base stand …
3) Use four coffee stir sticks as a base support to prop it up and tape to secure the sticks. Then, simply cut out a “triangle” (using the manila file folder). Fold the triangle in half and use a double sided tape to secure on the sticks. Also, tape the top of the triangle.
Optional: For identification, I also taped my blog business card on the back (hiding the top sticks).
I accidentally printed an extra color photo and was able to make another flat pet, Sugar on a stick. These Sugar’s flat pets conveniently fit in my purse and are easy to carry around for events where I can’t bring Sugar.
The first event flat pet Sugar attended was the Press Movie Premiere of Russell Madness, check our post for more photos. Follow Golden Woofs social media: FB, Twitter and Instagram to see the next event appearance of flat Sugar.