Golden Honored to be offered by Mitsubishi to test drive their 2015 Outlander GT for a week. This is our first time to drive a Mitsubishi vehicle. When we first received the vehicle, we were amazed about size of the body, basic/extra features and the bright rally red color. We always chose a gray or silver car. The Mitsubishi Outlander GT rally red color is an elegant understated and sporty color.
I am not going to bore you about the specs of the car. Click Here to read more about Mitsubishi Outlander GT specs. As a dog parent, I want to share with you our/Sugar’s experience with the Mitsubishi Outlander GT.
Does your dog love to travel? Did you know? 80% of dog owners take their dogs on a road trip. How about just going for car rides? For us, Sugar’s comfort and safety takes precedence when traveling via car.
When we purchased our current SUV, Sugar came to the dealership with us. We want to make sure it aligns with both Sugar and our needs. We created a “5 Golden Sugar CAR Check List” Lets see how did the Mitsubishi rank on Sugar’s check list.
1) Mitsubishi delivered an AIRY CABIN. Sugar was able to stand up without touching the roof. Sugar was able to stretch out too.
2) Surprisingly, the Mitsubishi Outlander GT seats 7. It’s very SPACIOUS. The extra SEATS are easily FOLDED for EXTRA SPACE, helpful if we need to bring a crate for Sugar. The extra space is also useful for large shopping/grocery items. Mitsubishi Outlander GT truck space was PAWfect to relax and watch the sunset. The Mitsubishi Outlander GT is best for dog owners of multiple dogs.
3) As a Japanese branded car, we were surprised in the size of the Mitsubishi Outlander GT. It is big in that it delivers a tall RIDE HEIGHT. However, it was very challenging for Sugar to get in and out of the vehicle.
4) Mitsubishi Outlander GT has a REAR LIFT GATE. During our mini road trip to San Diego, we brought a medium size dog bed and it’s functionality helped us to easily load and unload.
5) The PERFORMANCE of Mitsubishi Outlander is unexpectedly good. We had an enjoyable ride when we drove for an hour to San Diego. Since the body is light, we heard more road noise. Sugar is deaf and she was not able to hear it. Also, the lane sensor was a bit sensitive and annoyingly beeped.We found out that the feature can be shutoff as needed. Good thing Sugar was not able to hear it, she was too comfortable at the back seat. There are moments on our ride when Sugar rested her chin on the center console as she was curious on the navigation monitor.
Have you driven a Mitsubishi Outlander? How do you and your dog(s) like it?
When buying or renting a vehicle, place a high consideration for your dog.
Keep your dog’s comfort and safety in mind.
Lots of Golden Thanks to Mitsubishi cars. It was a wonderful experience test driving the Outlander GT for a week. You’ve given us an opportunity and opened our minds for an option on our next SUV purchase. Woofs from SUGAR!