For the past months, we’ve been sharing many dog health posts specifically about how a healthy dog can have a happy long life. Nowadays, many dogs are unhealthy and/or suffering from an illness due to being overweight. Estimates show that 40% to 50% of dogs are overweight, and 25% of dogs are obese. For the past weeks, we shared that Hill’s® Science Diet® created Perfect Weight, dog weight loss food. 70% of dogs who used Science Diet Perfect Weight lost weight within 10 weeks. In Hills Pets Pet Success Stories page, you can read more stories about dogs that lost weight from Perfect Weight.
Hills Science Diet believes “the best thing you can do for your pet’s health is feed proper nutrition every day.” The Hills Science Diet Perfect Weight is formulated to achieve, maintain a healthy weight and improve quality of life. It is available for Small & Toy and Adult dog breeds. Hills Science Diet Perfect Weight is available at your vet or favorite pet specialty store. It is also available at Pet360 with an additional discount on autoship.
On our previous post, Create A Healthy Routine For Your Dog, we shared the importance of creating a feeding, playtime/exercise and weight check routines. It is also important that you need to be consistent in implementing these routines.
6 Ways to Be Consistent in your Dog’s Routine
1. Stay on Schedule: Keep a consistent schedule as best as possible to assure that your dog is getting exactly what he/she needs.
2. Feeding Time: Make sure to feed your dog on time and properly measure your dog’s food; making sure your dog is not getting too little or too much.
3. Feeding Guidelines: Read the Feeding Guidelines on your dog’s food and adjust the amount as needed.
4. Measuring Cup: An essential tool that will provide you peace of mind that your dog is getting the proper amount of nutrition he/she needs to stay healthy without being overfed.
5. Playtime and Exercise: An important factor in your dog’s weight loss success. It’s a must that you create and establish consistent activities with your dog. Playtime with your dog is a great bonding opportunity and allow for a healthier results.
6. Thinking Activities: Assist your dog to engage their brain in thinking activities through your play. Keep track of the amounts and calories when rewarding your dog with treats.
Along with the Perfect Weight dog food for weight loss, Hills Science Diet also created a 10 Week Turnaround Calendar. This calendar is an excellent tool to use for keeping track of your dog’s weight loss success. Click Here to access, print and download the 10 Week Turnaround Calendar.
A successful dog weight loss requires consistency in behaviors and routines.
Do you need a little help kick-starting your pet’s weight loss?
Hill’s Science Diet has a “Sweepstakes” going on where you can enter to win 10 Weeks of Perfect Weight! Click Here to Enter the Sweepstakes for your chance to win.