I was pleasantly surprised to see many banana chews and chips in the store. Most of them contains many preservatives. Banana chews and chips are easy to make. You could use a dehydrator, but your oven is an alternative method. The trick is setting your oven at a low temperature. You can make delicious dried chewy fruit dog treats like bananas.
Sugar loves bananas, and it’s her favorite after meal treats. Bananas are a good source of fiber and minerals like potassium. Bananas is a great Kong stuffer or as-is. When bananas are dried, it’s sweeter and chewy.
Dried Chewy Banana Dog Treats
Ingredients: Bananas, optional: lemon and honey
1. Peel and cut in half length-wise
2. Lay slices on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
3. Optional: Brush each slice with lemon juice (to prevent browning)
4. Bake at 210F (or lower, depending your oven), for 1.5 hours (if you cook it longer it will be crunchy)
5. Optional: Drizzle some honey
Definitely Tuesdays Just Got Tastier.
If you are joining our Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop, Golden Thanks!
Don’t forget to grab the Hop’s Badge a
Lots of Golden Thanks.
Happy Tasty Tuesday!