“SOME BEND THE RULES. WE CHANGE THE GAME.
THIS IS THE MAZDA WAY. AND THIS IS THE MAZDA3 4-DOOR.”
Named by Car and Driver “10Best” 2 years in a row
Car and Driver – January 2015
Our friends from Mazda USA found out that Sugar is back in Chicago. For Mother’s Day week, Mazda loaned and asked us to “test drive” the 2015 Mazda3 4-Door Touring car. I had a great time driving the Mazda3 and Sugar had many Golden enjoyable car rides.
Are you a dog parent looking for a dog-friendly car, a.k.a “dog mobile”? According from Intelligence For Life, “What’s the latest trend in car-buying? The hunt for the perfect “dog mobile.” Basically, people picking their ride based on the pets they have – so their furry friends can travel and run errands with them comfortably and safely.”
Sugar loves car rides and on the weekends I take her along to do errands (fortunate for us that most of the establishments we go are dog-friendly). We own two cars, an SUV and a car. I prefer driving a car. As a petite woman, I feel that I have better control driving a car. For Sugar, being a senior dog, getting in and out of a car is much easier.
2015 Mazda3 4-Door Touring a Dog-Friendly Car
First, Mazda3 4-Door Touring is considered a “sporty” compact car. I especially loved the color, soul red metallic. Yes, the Mazda3 4-Door Touring is a dog-friendly car. However due to its type of vehicle, size, and space, it is ideal for dog parents with dogs that are less than 55lbs, like Sugar. With these in mind, Sugar and I come up with 5 Reasons: Mazda3 4-Door Touring a Dog-Friendly Car.
5 Reasons: Mazda3 4-Door Touring a Dog-Friendly Car
1. Drive Performance Comfort: I was unbelievably surprised in the “smooth” ride, considering Mazda3 is a “sporty” compact car. I was instantly comfortable driving the Mazda3, it drives like my car (which is made with German performance). Sugar had cozy rides. The smooth rides provided her a chance to have good “dreamy” naps.
2. Interior Space: Since this car offers a low-to-the-ground profile, Sugar was able to jump in and out with ease. Surprisingly, the inside is spacious. The rear seat provided Sugar a spacious ride. When the rear seats were folded down, it gave us an extra cargo space. Sugar was comfortable at the rear seat, able to “spread out” and slept on long car rides. Dog fur and dirt is unavoidable even though this car is equipped with premium cloth.
3. Technology Smart: If you travel a lot with your dog, this car offers an awesome easy to use smart technology, MazdaConnect technology. I love the ease of pairing up your smart phone. I’m so happy that navigation system works; it provided us accurate directions. The technology also provided “global” access to radio and a variety of music, pawfect for long car rides. Another neat feature is the Mazda “blind spot”smart technology monitoring.
4. Safety: I felt very safe driving the 2015 Mazda3. Mazda3 received a 5-star overall rating in government crash tests. As a responsible dog parent, I never let Sugar sit in the front passenger seat. She always sits in the back and wears her top-rated crash tested travel harness.
* If your dog is small, there’s enough space in the rear seat for a carrier. It is important that you buckle up your dog when traveling. *
5. Economical: Owning a dog cost money. This car is economical and fuel-efficient. The gas money you save can be used for your dog care expenses. Also, the 2015 Mazda3 is ranked #3 in Affordable Small Cars by U.S. News & World Report.
Sugar and I did not want to bore you with all the specs and equipment of the Mazda3. We wanted to share our “test drive” experience and how the Mazda3 4-Door Touring is dog-friendly. If you are interested in learning more about the specs and equipment, visit Mazda USA Mazda3 4-Door Touring website page. If you are a dog parent looking for a new car, make sure to check out the Mazda3 4-Door Touring and visit the nearest dealership in your area.
“TAKE THE WHEEL AND MAKE THIS MAZDA3 YOURS.”
Sugar, Dog-friendly Car Reviewer
Woofs to our friends from Mazda USA. Lots of Golden Thanks for the opportunity to “test drive” the Mazda3 4-Door Touring car. Golden Woofs team is glad to share Mazda3’s dog-friendly features. Golden Woofs only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Mazda USA is not responsible for the content of this article.
easy rider says
Pawsome review, I love the color and I like that it has a lot of space inside …
It's Dog or Nothing says
Loved reading this! We’re looking at (finally) getting a second car. Ours has been a broken sidewalk ornament for over two years now 😉 The Mazda3 is one that we are looking at. It would be nice to be able to fit Mauja and Atka in a car for short car rides. I don’t think we’d ever find a car for both of them to be comfortable in for long rides 😉 We’ll have to stick to an SUV for that!
I am driving an older car and will be looking for something newer within the year or so. The Mazda3 sounds like something I’d be comfortable driving. Like you, I prefer cars to SUVs because they seem easier for me to control. Plus, parking is very limited in my area. Great review with adorable pics!
Jessica Shipman | Beagles & Bargains says
How fun! I have a red 2007 Mazda3 right now! It’s not as new and shiny as this one, but it has been super reliable for the past 8 years! I can’t believe it’s been that long! Mine still has plenty of years left, but I would absolutely consider getting another Mazda again when the time comes.
I am a HUGE Mazda fan! My first Mazda was a Mazda3 4-door. When I went full-blown agility nut, I upgraded to their “mini” minivan the Mazda5. I adore that car! It fits two 24×36 inch crates with the seats folded down. Plus it gets pretty decent mileage.
Both cars have been very fun to drive, esp, the Mazda3. ZOOM! ZOOM!
Great review for dog owners! Love the red!
Earl Lover says
We have a Skoda, currently. It does the job for the dogs and travelling around with them (we travel with them a lot), however we are thinking, in the future, we might upgrade! Great post!
Madi and momr says
Ohhhh it is red so we two gals love it!
Madi your bfff
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
You look great in red!
JeanneP of bichonpawz says
My daughter had a Mazda and loved it!!! Plenty of room and great on gas! Superb review Sugar! The red looks awesome with your furs!!
Groovy Goldendoodles says
That’s a great looking car! But I think you made it look good!
Monika & Sam says
I love my Mazda and even though Sam goes Flat Stanley when it’s moving, he’s the first to stand in front of the back door to get in. Silly dog. 🙂
Have a dandy weekend!