National Dog Day is annually celebrated on August 26. This special day began in 2004 by Colleen Paige, Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, and Animal Advocate.
National Dog Day is a Day to Celebrate Dogs.
Here are 5 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day …
or any day, since every day is Dog Day!
5 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day
1) Go for a WALK at your dog’s favorite park or surprise your dog to a new dog-friendly place. Recently, as an alternative to a dog park, we went for a walk at a dog-friendly mall.
2) Depending where you live, take your dog to the BEACH. As a retriever, Sugar enjoys her weekend beach day. Recently, Sugar tried dog surfing.
3) Make your dog a tasty special TREAT. Make a frosty treat like our Frosty Yogurt Berries Bone Parfait, featured in Family Circle August issue. How about some Dairy-free Dog Safe Ice Cream made with banana.
4) Simply RELAX with your dog. Take a day off from work and just chill with your dog on the couch.
5) National Dog Day is also a day to promote ADOPTION. Take your dog shopping at a pet store. Then, visit your local shelter and donate the goods you bought. Also, find some time to volunteer for the day and learn more about the shelter and rescue dogs.
Reilly & Denny says
Mom says every day is national dog day in our house – we could be a wee bit spoiled 🙂 Have a wonderful day Miss Sugar
Hawk aka BrownDog says
Oh everyday is National Dog Day in my house! Well, almost…
Y’all come on by,
Hawk aka BrownDog
Two French Bulldogs says
Could we celebrate every day
Lily & Edward
Sand Spring Chesapeakes says
some great ways to celebrate. have a great weekend.
Earl Lover says
Everyday is dog day here!
Golden Daily Scoop says
Everyday should be national dog day, it certainly is in our house! 🙂
The OP Pack says
Sounds like a great plan to us. We know we can get the Mom to do at least 2 or 3 of those. How we wish going to the beach could be one of those.
Woos – Ciara and Lightning
De Hufford says
Those sound like great ways to enjoy canine company EVERY day!
easy rider says
that are super tips to make this day to a special day for doggies :o) we only have to wait some weeks till we can visit the beach, butt then we plan an extra long beach walk :o)
Amy and Toby says
I like all five of those ideas!
Otha Dobbins says
You hardly need another excuse to go shopping, but take National Dog Day to pick up a few things your pup may really need like a fluffy new bed or leash and collar that isn t frayed. Looking for a splurge?