I was stoked when Kia Motors informed me that they are providing Sugar a 2015 Kia Soul hatchback. Immediately, hooded sweatshirts hamster rappers and lime green color came to my mind. Why? Kia is known for their animal-friendly commercials starring computer generated hamsters. David & Goliath advertising is the agency behind these creative Kia Soul ads. Their 2010 commercial “A New Way To Roll” won Peta’s PETA’s GOODY Award. If you have not seen it, watch Kia Presents, A New way to Roll 2010 commercial featuring Kia Soul Alien green color. Since then, the Kia Soul became the quirky eye-catching commercial and the hamsters became Kia’s salesmen.
Kia Motors, The Power To Surprise
Kia Soul is known for its boxy hip style, value with impressive features and pleasant driving experience. Kia Soul offers fun colors such as Alien green. It sure is eye-catching, stands out and definitely provokes good conversation.
Kia Soul, A New Way to Roll
The Kia Soul in Alien green was a pawfect adventure vehicle to drive to the Unleashed Surf Dog Competition and show-off in the trendy Gaslamp District of San Diego.
Kia Motors provided Sugar and us a 2015 Kia Soul 5-passenger hatchback with “Exclaim” features. What does it mean? It’s a fully loaded vehicle with all the options. Some of the cool features are the 18″ alloy wheels, leather upholstery, panoramic sunroof, and awesome audio system.
What made Sugar’s Kia Soul Alien Green ride fun and dog-friendly?
Here are 8 Reasons …
1. Spacious – The boxy look is deceiving, but the Kia Soul offers a spacious cabin. Both the front and back seats are roomy and offers plenty of leg and head room (particularly for Sugar as a large dog). Sugar was able to stand up without touching the roof. The semi-spacious trunk can accommodate ~4 large suitcases. You can flip down the split-folding rear seats to accommodate a dog crate.
2. Comfortable – The Soul made it easier for Sugar to get in and out – especially for me being petite. It’s great that both the driver and front seats sit up high with a commanding view of the road ahead.
3. Feel Safe – Wow! The Kia Soul has six airbags (front, front-side and full-length side-curtain). As always, Sugar was in the back seat and buckled-up. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave 2015 Kia Soul the highest rating in all applicable crash-test categories.
4. Fuel Economy – Soul performed good gas mileage as we manage to use 3/4 of tank of gas for more than 200 miles. The gas money we save was used to get Sugar goodies from San Diego.
5. Technology Smart – Love the “smart key” passive entry system. It eliminated the need to set something down, especially when I am holding Sugar’s leash. The wide 8-inch touchscreen for audio entertainment and navigation is awesome. The backup camera and colorful navigation screen was very helpful.
6. Drive – Sugar definitely had a pleasurable ride while we cruise along the freeway. The Soul is not a fast vehicle, but it delivered adequate power and acceleration.
7. Experience Luxury Features – Kia Soul offers 3 Plans; base, plus and exclaim. For the value, the Kia Soul with Exclaim features is top notch with luxuries. We are very impressed.
8. Happy Smiles – The Alien green color definitely brought extra happy smiles to us and to others. Alien green is not a common vehicle color, so we were prepared to get noticed (especially with Sugar with her purple boots). Many gave us the “look” then the “smile”, and some could not help to loudly comment on the vehicle and color.
Golden Verdict of the 2015 Kia Soul Alien Green
Golden Impressed with the Kia Soul! It’s unique expressive style might not be to everyone’s taste but a good vehicle for the value and features. If you are a pet parent looking for a new vehicle, we invite you to visit your local Kia dealership. We recommend that you inquire and test drive the Kia Soul. Call the dealership first, if you plan to take your dog Kia shopping.
Kia Soul, The Beat That Move Your Heart
Do you own a Kia? Would you recommend a Kia to others?
Would a Kia Soul Alien Green Bring-up the Beat in your Heart?