International Cat Day is also known as World Cat Day. It is observed on the 8th of August each year. IFAW, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, started this celebration in 2002 to give recognition to one of the oldest and most beloved pets on the planet – CATS.
According to The Humane Society of the United States, there are ~95.6 household that own one or more cats. Only 26% of these cats are from a shelter. There are many cats in the shelter and sad to find out that many of them get euthanized. Help spread the word of cat adoption on this special International Cat Day. Help a cat from a shelter to have a second chance of life.
In honor of International Cat Day, we are featuring Sugar’s rescued cat buddies, Winston and Maynard.
It’s FUN reading books about cats. Here are 5 Fun Facts about Cats
1. A cat’s front paws have 5 toes and the back paws have four.
2. Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
3. A cat usually has about 12 whiskers on each side of its face. Cats use their whiskers to gauge whether or not they can fit through an opening.
4. A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. Cats can hear ultrasonic and high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human.
5. Cat can see in the dark. Taurine is a very important ingredient on cat’s food. Without Taurine, a cat would go blind.
MEOW to all our CAT Friends
* To all CAT Lovers (and dog lovers too), you’ll love Zen Cats book. JOIN the giveaway *