Sugar had an awesome weekend getaway at the Sheraton Carlsbad, San Diego. Golden Thanks to Hyundai. They Hyundai provided us a car to use and check out Sonata Sport‘s dog friendly car features. Sugar enjoyed smooth rides in the Venetian Red 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport.
Two Things You Need To Know About Hyundai
1. Hyundai Making An Impact in America – Hyundai is a Korean company but over half Hyundai vehicles are built in the USA. Hyundai’s design, research and testing facility is based in California. Their engineering facility is in Michigan and a technologically sophisticated manufacturing facility in Montgomery, Alabama. The 2015 Sonata Sport we drove was assembled in Montgomery, Alabama. Hyundai is proud to make vehicles and also create US jobs.
“Purchasing a car is like buying pet products for my dog, Susie. She loves car rides, and I take her everywhere. Besides the car style and its features, I like that Hyundai is utilizing American workers. My family has been affected by childhood cancer, and I’m a supporter of Hyundai’s Hope On Wheels.”
Pet Parent & Hyundai Sonata Owner
2. Doing Good Things, Together – Hyundai is passion about helping and Giving Back to make a difference.
Hyundai Sonata Sport Dog Friendly Car Features
I don’t want to bore you with Hyundai’s “car tech” information. You can visit HyundaiUSA.com to read a detailed information about Sonata cars. I would like to share 5 Dog Friendly Car Features in 2015 Sonata Sport.
1. The Hyundai Sonata Sport is unbelievably SPACIOUS. Sugar is about 55lbs, and the Sonata Sport provided a spacious back seat and lots of headroom. A 60-65lbs dog can easily fit in the Sonata Sport. The back seat is foldable and can accommodate a large crate. The Hyundai Sonata Sport trunk is deep and wide. On our other weekend getaway, we filled the trunk with 3 pieces of luggage and 3 medium travel bags.
2. COMFORT – We drove for an hour to Carlsbad, San Diego and had a very comfortable ride. Sugar was relaxed at the back seat and snoozed most of the drive. The Hyundai Sonata Sport delivered a smooth and quiet ride.
3. TYPE – The Hyundai Sonata Sport is a midsize sedan car. As a petite pet parent, I’m comfortable driving a sedan car. For Sugar, it’s easier for her to get in and out. Sugar was a very happy dog passenger.
4. It’s good to know that SAFETY is a primary focus of Hyundai with their vehicles. It comes standard to have seven airbags including a new driver’s knee airbag to help prevent the driver from sliding down during an accident. Another helpful safety feature is the blind spot detection. For extra protection, Sugar wore her Sleepypod travel harness and buckled up in the backseat.
5. FUEL ECONOMY – Wow! We drove the Hyundai Sonata Sport almost 300 miles and there’s still gas left. On our drive to Carlsbad, we used the eco mode drive and was a great Sport feature to use to save on gas. If you plan to purchase a Hyundai Sonata Sport, the gas money you save in a year can totally be used for your dog care expenses.
Other 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport Helpful Dog Friendly Car Features
1. Charging USB (universal serial bus) port – For me, it is always important to have a fully charge phones and be prepared for any “dog” emergency on the road.
2. The NAVIGATION is good and simple to set-up. Sugar helped out, and the Hyundai Sonata Sport navigation directed us to the nearest PetSmart.
The 2015 Hyundai Sonata is ranked #7 in Affordable Midsize Cars by U.S. News & World Report
If you are interested in learning more about Hyundai Sonata Sport and would like to test drive, visit your local Hyundai dealership. Keep in mind our 5 Dog Friendly Car Features when you check the Hyundai Sonata Sport. Call ahead, if you plan to bring your dog (not all dealership are dog friendly).