Halloween is a fun time of year and many pet parents safely include their pets in the celebration. Halloween is also a great opportunity to have a good time taking photographs of your pet.
PetSmart sent Sugar surprise Halloween goodies. Golden Woofs created this post to thank PetSmart and feature their Halloween costumes and toys. Lots of Golden Thanks PetSmart!
6 Halloween Pet Photography Tips
1. Make it Simple. Adding a fun backdrop contributes to the quality and appeal of the photo. By accessorizing your dog with a pom pom neck, brings out your pets personality and creates an instant Halloween scene.
2. Venture the Outdoors. If you decide to dress up your pet, outdoor photography can give you better location, light exposure and creativity by using your surroundings.
Make sure your pet is comfortable wearing a Halloween costume. Be flexible and if necessary make adjustments. It is important that your pet is comfortable. The bee dog costume is soft, light-weight and attaches with ease. A “headgear” is part of the costume but can be easily pulled back.
3. Put A SMILE! Provide distractions like a tasty Halloween treat or Halloween toys. Keep treats and toys in your hand and near your camera while you take photos. A pawsome trick for your pet’s eyes to look towards the lens and guarantees a pet smile.
4. Experiment with Perspective. Shooting different angles provides your photography many unique creative perspectives.
Sugar and I attended a Halloween outdoor event, and her skunk costume was a hit. Lots of FUN ways to highlight and feature the costume.
5. Capturing Candid Moments. Set your camera to the continuous shooting mode (or burst mode). Always be ready, you never know what it may capture.
6. It is important to have FUN and just let your pet do their thing, and you’re guaranteed to capture a gem.
Have a Special Banana Split Day!
If your are still looking for a pet costume, visit your local PetSmart. At PetSmart, you’ll find fun, new ways to help your pet express his/her personality and style. We also invite you to visit PetSmart Resource Center and read 5 Ways to Celebrate Halloween with Your Pet.
To Paw It Forward, Sugar would like to giveaway the Halloween Toys.
Follow the giveaway tool to join.