To maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle, I continue to be active. My fit dog, Sugar, has been my buddy. If you’ve been a follower of our blog, you’ve seen our running and stair climb posts. Two favorite workouts I love doing with Sugar. Being 14 years old, Sugar continues to be active and still enjoys running. Since moving to sunny SoCal, our lifestyle is getting more active.
I’m thrilled to share that I am 2015 Fit Foodie Ambassador for Cooking Light & Health, San Diego. The Fit Foodie 5K Race is dog-friendly, and Sugar will be my running buddy. We only participated in walking events, so this is our first running event.
Cooking Light & Health Fit Foodie, San Diego is a 3-day, November 6-8, jam-packed celebration of fitness, food and fun. A percentage of ticket and merchandise sales benefit The American Diabetes Association, whose mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
How is Sugar preparing for her 1st 5K run?
1. Vet Approved – I made sure to check with Sugar’s vet. On our last vet visit, Sugar received great compliments. “Continue doing the activities Sugar loved to keep her healthy and happy.” from Sugar’s vet
2. Diet & Supplements – Making sure Sugar has a nutritious, healthy diet. As a senior dog, I’m aware of Sugar’s joint and muscles. She’s on three supplements that help her joints thrive and provide extra energy.
3. Run & Walk – Keeping Sugar safe, we do a run-walk combo. The run-walk combo is very simple: We run for a short segment and then take a walk break–and repeat. This method makes a long run less exhausting.
4. Hydrate – If you’ve been following us, you know Sugar has a “drinking problem” – she does not drink enough water. She’s very picky where the water comes from. I continue to be creative on how to hydrate Sugar before, during and after our run. Sugar loves it when I put pieces of tasty treats in her drinking water.
5. Rest – It is important to get a good Golden Rest. Rest is a MUST for Sugar. I make sure she is well rested before our next run.
For the next weeks, we will share more about Fit Foodie, our practice runs, tips and definitely share some healthy recipes.
If you are from California (or plan to be in San Diego in November) join us and use GOLDENWOOFS for 50% off. To purchase tickets, go to: FitFoodieRun.com/San-Diego-California
— GoldenWoofs (@SugarTheGoldenR) September 30, 2015
IIt’s going to be a delicious and fun event.
I am honored and very excited to be a Fit Foodie Ambassador for Cooking Light & Health The Fit Foodie 5K Race Weekend in San Diego, CA.