Jan 24, 2016 is National Change A Pet’s Life Day. It’s a special day dedicated to encourage pet adoption and draw attention to many homeless pets.
Golden Woofs is a consumer of 1-800-PetMeds®, America’s Largest Pet Pharmacy®. I am helping to spread the word about their Change A Pet’s Life 2016 Contest. 1-800-PetMeds is celebrating by helping three adoptable pets in need of medical and surgical treatments.
2015 1-800-PetMeds Winner: Gorilla from Pug Rescue Austin
This is the second year 1-800-PetMeds has held the Change a Pet’s Life Contest. Last year’s winner was a pug named Gorilla from Pug Rescue Austin. Happy to report that after Gorilla had won and received the funds necessary for his oral and airway surgery, he recovered and was adopted.
1-800-PetMeds Change A Pet’s Life 2016 Contest
How To Enter
1) Submission Period:: January 8-14 will be open to all U.S. Shelter and Rescue Groups
2) Visit PetMeds Change a Pet’s Life Contest Page at https://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest/
3) SUBMIT a PHOTO and a brief story about the pet’s problem (needs surgery or treatment to be considered adoptable, for examples: heartworm treatment, hip or knee surgery, eye enucleation). Also include how the group acquired the pet, and how the surgery or treatment will change this pet’s life.
1) Contest is hosted on https://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest/
2) 1-800-PetMeds are requesting that all entries to be completed by representatives of the shelter/ rescue group. This will ensure correct information and will prevent multiple entries from one group.
· Jan 15-20: Voting opens! Anyone 18 or older can vote once a day by visiting the contest link. Help change a pet’s life by voting every day!
· Jan 22: Winners are announced
· 1st place: PetMeds will cover the pet’s surgery/treatments up to $2,000 plus a video of the rescue group and pet, to be featured on the PetMeds website and social media sites
· 2nd place: PetMeds will cover the pet’s surgery/treatments up to $1,000
· 3rd place: PetMeds will-will cover the pet’s surgery/treatments up to $500
All prizes will be paid directly to the veterinarians/animal hospitals overseeing the winning pets’ care.
Ask Your Shelter and Rescue Group
Don’t miss 1-800-PetMeds Change A Pet’s Life 2016 Contest! Help an adoptable pet. Inform and encourage your shelter/rescue group to participate in this incredible contest. Visit the contest page at https://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest/