Westminster Kennel Club is one of the world’s most famous dog shows. On Monday and Tuesday, February 15-16, The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place for the 140th consecutive year at Madison Square Garden.
This post is brought to you by Madison Square Garden. Golden Woofs is helping spread the word about 140th annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, but Golden Woofs only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers.
7 NEW Dog Breeds: Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
This year, seven new dog breeds will be competing:
1. Bergamasco (Herding Group): A sheepdog from Italian Alps and known for their thick coats that forms mats.
2. Berger Picard (Herding Group): Berger Picard, a French herding dog, is pronounced “Bare-ZHAY Pee-CARR” or Picardy Shepherd. A breed of dog with unique personality, people-oriented and loyal.
3. Boerboel (Working Group): This large breed is also known as the South African Mastiff and a great watchdog.
4. Cirneco dell’Etna (Hound Group): A breed of dog originally from the Italian island of Sicily. Cirneco is known to be a good hunter, friendly, and loving family dog.
5. Lagotto Romagnolo (Sporting Group): Lagotto Romagnolo means “lake dog from Romagna,” from the Italian word lago, meaning lake. Lagotto Romagnolo dogs are known to be excellent truffle hunters because of their large nose and nasal passages.
6. Miniature American Shepherd (Herding Group): Miniature American Shepherd is also known as “MAS” and their curiosity.
7. Spanish Water Dog (Herding Group): A breed from Spain and was mainly used to herd goats and sheep.
Do you want to see these new dog breeds? Madison Square Garden is providing one of our readers/fans 2 tickets to the 140th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. This opportunity is great especially if you are from the East Coast. Follow the giveaway tool to join.
Use Code WKC1DOG to save 25% on select seats! Reserve your seats at: www.thegarden.com
On Feb 15 & 16, make plans to watch 140th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Check Westminster Kennel Club for show times on CNBC and USA networks.,
JeanneP of bichonpawz says
What a treat that would be to be able to see the show! I would LOVE to be up close and personal with all of those beautiful dogs!!
Are you going Rosalyn?
easy rider says
I’m proud that the Berper Picard can go to Westminster this year :o)
My momma always dreamed we can run such a big show once… sadly her Weim had other plans :o) Butt nevertheless I’m her BIS anyway furever&ever :o)
Earl Lover says
Cathy Armato says
I so wish I could attend but I’m at the other end of the country & won’t be able to travel )- : hopefully next year!
Love & biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them
M. K. Clinton says
I’d love to attend, but it’s not in the cards for this year.
Layla Morgan Wilde says
I’ve always wanted to attend. It’s fun to watch on tv but seeing it live would be exciting!
Layla Morgan Wilde says
Wow, I won! Thanks so much and I look forward to sharing the experience online.