Last weekend, we went on a weekend trip to San Diego. Sugar had a pawsome car ride in a 2015 Outlander Sport Mitsubishi. The Outlander Sport is a compact crossover that proves “utility doesn’t have to be dull.” The Outlander Sport is also Mitsubishi’s best-selling model and built in the USA, Normal, IL.
Mitsubishi provided Golden Woofs an Outlander Sport to test drive in exchange for sharing experience about the vehicle. Golden Woofs only shares information we feel is relevant and useful to our readers.
It’s my first time to drive a white car (Sugar’s 1st white car ride). Due to the heat, white is a common car color here in SoCal. I find it boring but on the other hand, white is considered a visible and safe car color. 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport we drove was ‘diamond white pearl.’
Outlander Sport Dog Friendly Car Ride
1. Economical – You get over 30 mpg on the highway. The money you save on gas can be used for your dog’s food, toy and health fund.
2. Safety – The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the 2015 Outlander Top Safety Pick and honors for its perfect scores in each of the five crash tests and “advanced” front crash prevention system. There are seven airbags that are strategically placed for maximum protection during impact. It is interesting to know that the driver’s side has a knee impact airbags.
Safety is our priority when we travel with Sugar. Sugar is always buckled up! Sugar’s traveling harness is Sleepypod Click it Sport.
3. Smooth Drive – Sugar loves car rides, and the Outlander Sport offered a comfort ride. The back seat was wide enough and accommodated Sugar’s small traveling bed.
4. Spacious but not overwhelming – The back seat can comfortably accommodate 2-3 passengers. It’s roomy; functional interior provided comfort on our long drive. I find the cargo space a bit small. The back seats need to be folded down to accommodate several large pieces of luggage.
The cargo space was just pawfect for Sugar to watch the sunset. Unfortunately, it was too cloudy and no sunset.
5. Panoramic Sunroof – So cool and Sugar loved it. It was cloudy during our trip, and it provided extra light. The view generated by the panoramic sunroof made Sugar mesmerized.
2 Things I Wish for Mitsubishi to Change in Outlander Sport
1. Be able for the panoramic sunshade to open halfway and for the ability to open the sunroof for air.
2. The ability to change the height on the passenger seat. It was frustrating that the passenger seat can only be adjusted to move back, and front only and the height is unadjustable
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Ideal for dog owners with big dogs and on the move.
Great Fuel | Affordable Price | Spacious | Stylish
Lots of Golden Thanks to Mitsubishi for allowing us to test drive the 2015 Outlander Sport. Sugar, Dog Friendly Car Reviewer
If you are interested in learning more about Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and would like to test drive, visit your local Mitsubishi dealership. Call ahead, if you plan to bring your dog (not all dealership are dog friendly).