Spring has officially arrived, and it’s Bunny-Time!
Here are Six Last Minute Easter DIY and Dog Treats.
6 Easter DIY and Dog Treats
1. Mini Bunny Soaps – This year I was inspired to make Mini Bunny Soaps. It’s a great Easter basket stuffer and an adorable gift to give to your dog sitters/walkers.
2. Bunny Ears for your Dog – An old time favorite DIY Bunny Ears from blog pal Sew Doggy Style.
3. Basket of Bunnies – FUN DIY Basket of Bunnies! Sewing is a requirement for this project but I’ve done it using fabric iron on strips.
4. Safer Easter Eggs for Your Dog – Easter Eggs that you can share with your dog. These Easter Eggs dog treats are made with Sugar’s favorite fruit, banana.
5. Cheese Flower – A healthy flower shaped cheese appetizer you can serve on Easter and you can share it with your dog.
6. Apple Carrot Honey Oats – An old recipe I shared in 2011 and it’s one of Sugar’s favorite carrot dog treats.
1 Apple – Mashed or Puree (can substitute with Apple sauce)
2 Shredded Carrots (about 1 cup)
2 cups of Flour (use additional ~1 cup if needed)
1 cup of Oats
1 cup of Water
1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
1-2 Tablespoon of Honey
Combine and stir all the ingredients. Adjust flour and liquid as necessary to make stiff dough. Roll the dough on a floured surface. Cut it with a dough cutter. Place on un-greased cookie sheet (we always use silpat). Bake for 45 to an hour in 300 degree oven until thoroughly dry. For extra crunchy, leave the treats inside the oven to cool-off.
Tips for Dog Friendly Easter
Keep you dog safe this Easter. Here are 5 Tips For a Safe and Dog-Friendly Easter
Next Post: Check out our 5 Spring Dog Safety Tips