In many states, signs of Spring has arrived. Here in California, many flowers are in full bloom. I especially love the dark pinkish bougainvilleas blooming in our garden. Easter is coming up and marks the beginning of Spring. This inspired me to create an easy DIY Spring craft project: Mini Bunny Soaps
DIY Mini Bunny Soaps
soap blocks (glycerin or goats milk)
soap scent (optional)
mini bunny silicone mold
5 Easy Steps: How to make Mini Bunny Soaps?
1. Melt the soap blocks in a small pot on the stove. OR Use a glass container and melt it in the microwave. Typically, there are instructions stated on the packaging on how to melt the soap blocks.
2. Add the coloring and scent. Then, stir gently. Always use coloring and scent only for soap making.
I used a mini-drop color of red to create pink. To make the purple color, I mixed the red and blue soap coloring. For the scent, I selected a fresh scent of Cucumber and Green Tea.
3. Pour into the mold. Use a spoon to make it easy to fill the mold. You have to work quickly as the melted soap cools fast. If the soap harden, you can always re-melt it.
4. To prevent air bubbles, lightly spray rubbing alcohol. It takes about 20 minutes for the mini bunny soaps to completely settle. For the last 10 minutes, place it in the freezer. A trick I learned from previous soap making DIY. It helps the soap dry smoother.
5. Remove the mini bunny soaps from the mold. First, stretch the sides of the mold. Then, press up on the bottom to remove the soaps.
So cute and smells good too. These are perfect gifts for Easter and to celebrate Spring. An adorable gift you can give to your fellow animal lovers, dog walker/sitter or blog pal.
This at home method of soap making is so fun, easy and simple. You can easily customize it based on the season. Give it a try.
Have you done at home soap making?