Spg dog Sugar had a pawsome time at a very pet friendly hotel, Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa at Rancho Mirage – suburbs of Palm Springs, California. We met about 15 dogs vacationing with heir family. All the dogs were treated splendidly with special pet accommodation perks.
Westin Mission Hills loves pets. Several pets reside on the property.
Westin Mission Hills Resort PETS
1. TERRARIUM: At the lobby (registration area), you’ll see the Westin Terrarium.
The Mobil Zoo of Southern California manages the terrarium that houses multiple species of amphibians and reptiles such as an iguana, gecko, bearded dragon, chameleon, python, tortoise, and tree frog.
2. PONDS of Koi, Turtle and Catfish: There are several ponds at Westin Mission Hills property. 1) Many colorful koi are over a foot long. 2) The red-eared slider turtles always hang out on pond rocks. 3) Huge catfish are actively swimming. We had fun witnessing the feeding of the catfish.
3. BIRDS: The Westin Mission Hills has beautiful landscaping. Lots of beautiful trees and man-made bodies of water. We enjoyed seeing the hummingbirds. We missed seeing Westin Swans resident Dolly & Bert.
4. BEE: Westin Mission Hills has an Apiary. Since I am allergic to bees – I avoided visiting this area but every Sunday from November to May, the resort offers a tour.
5. TORTOISES: Scooter and Shelley are African Spurred Tortoises. Scooter has his own “den.” Check out Sugar’s video on FB: meeting Scooter for the 1st time. Here’s a short video of Scooter and Shelly kissing.
6. RABBITS: So cute Bella and Billy, Flemish Giant Rabbits. They share a space with Scooter and Shelley. Well, Shelley do like to hang out inside their den.
7. RESCUE DOG: Wonderful Adopt A Pet program implemented only last year. Westin Mission Hills partnered with Animal Samaritans to assist in finding permanent homes for rescue dogs. We were told there were about 40 dogs adopted from their adopt a pet partnership. PIPPA is their current rescue dog guest. Many guests signed-up to take Pippa for a walk. Pippa’s had many walks and enjoyed saying hello to all the guests. Wishing for Pippa to find her forever home soon.
Pawsome Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage for being pet friendly and Woofs to all the ‘Westin Pets’.
On upcoming post, I will share more about our pet friendly stay at Westin Mission Hills and Sugar’s adventures at Palm Springs, CA