There are so many dog friendly fun things to do since we officially moved to California. Sugar enjoyed many weekend California adventures. Recently, we’ve ventured out an out of State adventure in Arizona. Here are Sugar’s 11 Dog Friendly Fun Adventures in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona.
11 Dog Friendly Fun Adventures in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona
1. Road Trip – Arizona is about a 6-hour drive from where we live, a reasonable driving time for a weekend road trip with your dog.
Sugar’s car safety is always a priority. Sleepypod‘s Clickit Sport dog car safety harness protects her in the event of a collision or sudden stop.
2. Stay at Dog Friendly Hotel – There are many hotels in Phoenix and Scottsdale that offer a range of amenities designed to accommodate dog owners.
Since we are Starwood Preferred Guest members, Sugar is lucky to experience luxury accommodations. On our recent trip, Sugar enjoyed dog friendly accommodation of Sheraton Grand Phoenix and Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. If you followed us on Twitter and FB, you’ve seen some of Sugar’s SPG Dog photos. Stay tuned for an upcoming post about our Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort stay.
3. Meet-up with Golden Pal – Always fun to meet-up with blog and social media pals. Last December holiday Phoenix trip, Sugar had a Golden Pawty with IG pal Giselle and long time blog pals Monty and Harlow from How Sam Sees It. On our recent trip, Sugar had a meet-up with Golden Pal Giselle in Scottsdale.
4. Watch Baseball – Every Dog Has Its Sunday at PetSmart Patio
Arizona D-backs teamed up with PetSmart to make Chase Field a dog-friendly ballpark.
Sugar had lots of Golden FUN watching the game the PetSmart Patio. Stay tuned for an upcoming post:Pawsitively Dog Friendly Chase Field #PetSmartPatio.
5. Explore Downtown Phoenix – Did you know? Phoenix is known as one of the cleanest cities in the USA. Sugar had a pawsome time exploring clean downtown Phoenix. Read more on our post: Exploring Downtown Phoenix with Your Dog
Jack Knife is also considered as one of downtown Scottsdale landmark sculptures.
7. Cactus Adventure – Cacti are found all across the state of Arizona. Sugar developed a fondness of cactus since her first Arizona trip in 2014 at The Phoenician Hotel. At Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Sugar also enjoyed exploring the cacti on the property.
A video posted by goldenwoofs (@goldenwoofs) on
10. Photo Op – We visited lovely Arizona Civic Center in Scottsdale. Sugar had a great photo op at LOVE Sign, a famous sculpture by Robert Indiana.
11. Shopping – Scottsdale is known to be “The Beverly Hills of the Southwest” and “a desert version of Miami’s South Beach.”
A photo posted by goldenwoofs (@goldenwoofs) on
The Scottsdale Quarter is our favorite shopping place. Many stores accommodate dog owners. It’Sugar shop is always a great meet up spot and of course a Sugar’s photo op.
What dog friendly fun adventures have you done with your dog?