We recently traveled to Palm Springs, a desert city in California. Palm Springs is known for soaring palm trees, 350 days of sunny and warm weather each year. Palm Springs is surrounded by natural beauty like fascinating mountain views. Many find serenity vacationing at Palm Springs; plus Palm Springs is for dog lovers. There are many places your dog can tag along and enjoy a fun time in Palm Springs.
7 Ways to Enjoy Dog Friendly Palm Springs
1. Stay at Dog-Friendly Hotel
– You’ll have lots of choices of finding dog-friendly hotels in Palm Springs. Many hotels welcome four-legged guests. We stayed at Westin Mission Hills Rancho Mirage.
This Westin Resort Hotel is super pet-friendly. They have pets that reside in the hotel property; like a snake, turtles, giant rabbit, and a rescue dog. Read our previous post to learn more about these pets, Westin Mission Hills Resort Pets. Westin offers two main dining areas and both offers outdoor dog-friendly dining. The weekend we stayed, there was a special Thursday Pooch Meet-up and a Pooch Yappy Hour for dogs.
2. Attend A Fest
Every Thursday evening, downtown Palm Springs transforms streets into a Street Fair – known to many as Southern California’s most popular weekly events: Village Fest! There are about 200 vendor booths: selling handcrafted items and delicious, unique food. The best part the fest is dog-friendly.
On weekends, many businesses partner with local rescue groups hoping for shelter pets to find their forever homes. Most of the shops welcome dogs with their owners. Many restaurants with an outside patio accommodate dining with your dog. We had a wonderful dining experience at dog friendly Daily Grill and The Venue Sushi.
4. Dine with Your Dog – Outdoor dining is possible in Palm Springs all year round. Lucky for dog owners, most restaurants with patios welcome our four-legged guests. Two dog-friendly downtown Palm Springs restaurants we recommend are Thai Smile and Riccio’s.
5. Zen Time at The Corridor – Located across Riccio’s, The Corridor features speciality stores like Koffi, Cafe Europa and Just fabulous. The awesome mountain view and a relaxing courtyard is dog-friendly, and the artsy main attraction is a Don Quixote metal sculpture.
A photo posted by goldenwoofs (@goldenwoofs) on
6. Photo Opportunities – Just about 90minutes from the city of Los Angels. Palm Springs offers endless photo opp. I took lots of photos of Sugar. The Westin Mission Hills Rancho Mirage location and property provide a lovely backdrop for dog photography.
Also, Palm Springs offers lots of sculptures. Check out Sugar’s photo opp with the Sonny Bono sculpture, former Mayor of Palm Springs.
8. Walk of Stars
— GoldenWoofs (@SugarTheGoldenR) March 26, 2016
Check out the Hollywood celebrities that lived and loved Palm Springs and honored with a Walk of Stars.
Palm Springs definitely loves dogs. If you are planning to have a desert getaway, consider visiting dog friendly Palm Springs.