There are lots of amazing upcycling ideas you can create from a pet food bag. WellPet, the maker of natural pet food and treat brands Wellness®, provided us this DIY Dog Cape made from a Wellness dog food bag.
DIY Dog Cape from a Pet Food Bag
• Wellness Dog Food Bag
• clear tape
• 1⁄4” flat elastic
1. Clean the pet food bag then cut the edges off.
2. Using a ruler, draw a trapezoid that is 6” wide at the bottom, 4” wide at the top, and 7.5” tall and then cut it out. (This sizing if for a small dog. Scale accordingly for your pet).
3. Fold over the narrow end, about .75”
4. Use a length of tape to keep the fold closed.
5. Cut a 18” strip of elastic.
6. Loop it through the fold on the cape.
7. Tie and adjust accordingly so it fits your pet!
8. Cut the bottom in a funky pattern like a zig-zag or wavy shape!
Lots of Golden Thanks to WellPet and Wellness for sharing this FUN DIY Dog Cape.
TerraCycle’s Wellness Pet Food Brigade
Did you know? Wellness Pet Food is the first U.S.-based pet food brand to make its packaging nationally recyclable through a partnership with TerraCycle. TerraCycle is known for being environmentally friendly and makes consumer products from upcycling. TerraCycle partners with consumers and brands like Wellness.
Wellness has included their grain-free TruFood line to their TerraCycle’s Wellness Pet Food Brigade. If you are a consumer of TruFood, you can earn money for the TruFood packaging. Register for free at www.terracycle.com/wellnesspetfood. You can earn points as a member of Wellness Brigade for each pre-paid shipment of TruFood bags weighing at least two pounds. These points can be used for charity gifts or converted to cash and donated to charities of your choice. Then, TerraCycle will upcycle TrueFood packaging into cool, useful new consumer products. Check out the tote bag and dog collar TerraCycle created from TrueFood pet food packaging.
A Tote for you and a collar for your dog – find something unconventional and reusable to create with your pet’s food bag. This Earth Day, April 22nd, flex your upcycling super powers with Wellness DIY Dog Cape!