I contemplated getting pet insurance for Sugar and decided not to get one. Why? After calculation, I didn’t think it was worth the money. Pets Best was one of the pet insurance company I considered.
This post is sponsored by Pets Best. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Pets Best Pet Insurance, but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Pets Best is not responsible for the content of this article.
Instead of getting pet insurance, I created a ” Sugar Fund” where I set aside a monthly amount to be used for her health expenses. With Sugar’s allergies and frequent vet visits, the fund quickly depleted. Sugar has surpassed her life expectancy, and health emergency often happens. Now, I wish I had invested in pet insurance.
Did you know? According to the 2015 North American Pet Health Insurance Association, the total number of insured dogs & cats in the US is 1,230,006 (dogs 1,031,898 and cats 198,108). The number seems large, but it only equates to .75% of dogs and cats in the US are insured.
“Pet insurance is a $650 million industry and with four out of five pets experiencing a medical emergency in their lifetime. Having reliable coverage is critical. Additionally, one in three pets will need unexpected veterinary care each year.”
– Pets Best Health Insurance data (2013)
How much does pet insurance cost?
Pet Insurance are customized to individual pet(s). Cost vary depending on the level of coverage, breed, age, and location.
9 Questions You Should Ask When Purchasing Pet Insurance
1) Does the insurer base the reimbursement on the total amount of the veterinary bill?
2) Is there an annual deductible offered by the insurer?
3) Can you choose your own vet?
4) Will your coverage be reduced if you visit a specialist or Emergency Vet?
5) How fast is the reimbursement process?
6) Is coverage offered for hereditary and congenital conditions?
7) Is there optional coverage for wellness/routine care?
8) When coverage needs change over time, does the insurer offer flexible plan options?
9) What medical records are necessary to enroll your pet and to file a claim?
Pets Best Pet Health Insurance for Cats and Dogs
Pets Best provides the best value in pet insurance and treats ‘pet parents’ policyholders like family. In 1981, Dr. Jack L. Stephens founded Pets Best with a mission” to end euthanasia when pet owners couldn’t afford veterinary treatment.” He presented the first U.S. pet insurance policy to a famous television dog, Lassie. Dr. Stephens’ passion for quality pet care and his expert veterinary knowledge guides the Pets Best team.
Pets Best is proud to provide:
• A one-stop for pet insurance and wellness products
• Personal, knowledgeable customer service
• Fast, efficient claim service
• Competitive pricing
• Competitive coverage level
Pet parents can choose the plan that best fits their needs and provides more options than competitors. I invite you to check this list of important comparison points between Pets Best and their competitors.
Trending: Pet Insurance as an Employee Benefit
Since 2013, Pets Best has seen at least a 21% year over year increase in the number of companies opting to add pet health insurance to their employee benefits packages.
Trending: Pets Best Adds “Pet Bereavement Leave” Coverage for Employees
This year, Pets Best added “Pet Bereavement Leave” to their list of employee benefits. The loss of a pet, much like a beloved human family member and can be devastating. A Pets Best employee will receive one day of paid bereavement leave each year when they lose a member of their furry family.