Carmel, known as Carmel-by-the-Sea, is a city in Monterey County, California. Dog friendly Carmel-by-the-Sea is rated number one in catering to furry companions. There are more than 25 hotels and inns that provide VIP dog treatment. Many shops provide water dishes and tasty treats. Restaurants in Carmel offer dog friendly patios and serve a special doggy-menu. There are many places like beaches and trails where dogs are allowed to play.
Carrie Theis, the owner of Hofsas House Hotel, shared with us 8 dog-friendly things you can do in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
8 Dog-friendly Things to Do in Carmel-by-the-Sea
1) Take a stroll on the beautiful white sand Carmel Beach. Dogs are allowed to be off leash.
2) Visit the 14 wine tasting rooms featuring Monterey County wine with your dog.
4) Take your dog on a group history tour of Carmel by Carmel Walks .
5) Visit the iconic Cypress Inn and experience Yappy Hour. Cypress Inn, co-owned by Doris Day, has been Carmel-by-the-Sea’s landmark boutique hotel since 1929.
6) Dine at Forge in the Forest for lunch or dinner where dogs have their own Dog Pound Menu.
Other dog-friendly restaurants include Basil’s Seasonal Dining, Porta Bella, Grasing’s, Village Corner, Hog’s Breath Inn, Casanova Restaurant, Da Giovanni, and Little Napoli.
7) Go on a nature walk to the Mission Trail Park for views of the Carmel Mission and Point Lobos.
8) Shop with your dog. Many of the shops and art galleries are dog-friendly with bowls of water or treats.
Golden Woofs Team visited dog friendly Carmel-by-the-Sea on September 2nd-5th 2016 sponsored by Hofsas House We had a wonderful time doing these 8 dog-friendly fun things in Carmel. Read our post about Hofsas House: Dog Friendly Hofsas House Carmel by the Sea