Carmel by the Sea, most often referred to as Carmel, is rated a top-10 destination in the U.S. year after year. Carmel is also rated number one in catering to dogs. There are more than 25 hotels and lovely inns that provide VIP dog treatment. One of them is dog friendly Hofsas House, which offers European warmth and charm.
European warmth and charm in the heart of Carmel
We spent Labor Day weekend at Carmel by the Sea. Hofsas House provided us stays for Sugar to experience dog-friendly Carmel, CA. This is a sponsored post by Hofsas House.
5 Things You Will Love About Dog Friendly Hofsas House
1) Catering to Furry Companion – Hofsas House rolled out the pink carpet for SUGAR. Upon our arrival, doggy-goodies were set-up. Love the shampoo infused disposable towel; it was handy to clean up SUGAR.
SUGAR also received a very special welcome letter from Hofsas House Pet Concierge, Tank. In the letter, Tank shared some fun dog-friendly things to do in Carmel by the Sea. We followed some of Tank’s recommendations, and we will share them on another post. SUGAR also had the pleasure to briefly meet pet concierge Tank. SUGAR smelled so good, Tank could not help to sniff her.
2) Family Owned – Hofsas House was founded by Donna Hofsas in the late 1940’s. Currently, Donna’s granddaughter Carrie manages the hotel. When Carrie was young, she spent the Summer helping her grandma Donna escorting guests to their rooms and she had the privilege to sit behind the front desk.
Now, Carrie is proud to carry her grandma Donna Hofsas’s legacy and mission to serve every guest, every day, with outstanding service and hospitality.
3) Traditional Family Hospitality – When we checked in, we noticed Hofsas staff hospitality immediately. Throughout our stay, all the staff we met were smiling, kind and helpful. SUGAR enjoyed getting petted by the staff. In our room, Hofsas House provided us delicious cheese, crackers and a bottle of an Estate Chardonnay wine. For SUGAR, she had a tasty ‘boned shaped’ cookie from Carmel Dog Concierge.
4) Bavarian-Inspired – Hofsas House bears many personal touches such as the Bavarian-themed welcome mural painted by artist Maxine Albro. At Hofsas House room 47, Maxine also painted the headboard and was recently retouched by local artist Christine Sorenson. Maxine also painted the pictures hanging in the lobby.
5) Lovely Setting – Hofsas House is located on a hillside overlooking the quaint seaside village of Carmel by the Sea. Its location is tranquil from the congestion but within walking distance to central Carmel by the Sea. By car, Hofsas House is minutes away from Monterey and neighboring communities of Pebble Beach, Big Sur, and Pacific Grove.
Hofsas House’s made us feel at home. SUGAR felt very relax. We had the privilege to stay at one of the original cottages, cottage #8. The fireplace definitely added character to our room and provided sufficient warmth during cool mornings and evenings. There are additional one-of-a-kind rooms; decorated with the European touches and amenities such as private balconies (with the ocean view), wet bars, and a kitchen. We love Hofsas House unique ‘pink color’ and Dutch doors in every room.
Lots of Golden Thanks, Carrie and Hofsas House staff
Visit Carmel and celebrate Hofsas House 69th anniversary and Carmel by the Sea 100th anniversary. Many planned activities for the anniversary celebration and a parade on October 29th. For more information visit hofsashouse.com. Be informed about Hofsas House on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.